Holy Name Cadets

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is only my opinion........ the show is so demanding but not particularly loveable.

That said, I hope HNC would be clean as BD come the final week and take the title!

I wonder whether DCI could adopt the scoring system similar to that of many Olympics sport such as gymnastic or diving. You multiply the difficulty score with the performance scores.

This is only my opinion........ the show is so demanding but not particularly loveable.

That said, I hope HNC would be clean as BD come the final week and take the title!

I wonder whether DCI could adopt the scoring system similar to that of many Olympics sport such as gymnastic or diving. You multiply the difficulty score with the performance scores.

For those sports, a specific skill/maneuver=a specific difficulty rating. I think it's a cool idea for DCI, but establishing specific skills/maneuvers that have a set difficultly rating would be problematic, I think.

They changed it for anniversary purposes! What my question is, what will they go to once this HOLY NAME is taken off. Will they go back to "The Cadets sponsored by YEA"?

I believe in very recent year(s), they did away with the YEA part in the announcing and just did 'from allentown, PA...The Cadets'.

West Point has cadets, the Coast Guard academy has cadets, the Air Force academy has cadets, SCV has cadets, the Colts have cadets. The name HNC is a bit more specific. If I were them I would keep it.

Yeah those three standing ovations in Dallas last night show just how much the crowd disdains HNC this year. They should go back to heavy narrative and bunny suits. EVERYONE loved that!

<\sarcasm>

West Point has cadets, the Coast Guard academy has cadets, the Air Force academy has cadets, SCV has cadets, the Colts have cadets. The name HNC is a bit more specific. If I were them I would keep it.

They were just fine with The Cadets. People in Drum corps know who you are talking about when you say Cadets. There are Colleges and high schools who's teams are called Blue Devils. You don't see BD trying to be more specific. They'll be fine with whatever name they choose to keep and people will still know who they are.

Yeah those three standing ovations in Dallas last night show just how much the crowd disdains HNC this year. They should go back to heavy narrative and bunny suits. EVERYONE loved that!

<\sarcasm>

Lol..he just means HE doesn't love it. I love it though, and apparently many of the people who were sitting around me at the shows I attended felt the same way.

They changed it for anniversary purposes! What my question is, what will they go to once this HOLY NAME is taken off. Will they go back to "The Cadets sponsored by YEA"?
They will either change their name to "the corps formally known as the Cadets", or perhaps just a symbol, ala Prince.... Edited by VOReason