So what do you do on the long bus rides?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure that you're not engaged before you join like I was. That way you can get yourself a member of the opposite sex to cuddle up with and do . . . whatever. I always thought that would make the bus rides easier, but I never knew whether it was true or not since I spent two consecutive summers riding next to a very large, very hairy, very sweaty, and very male contra. Great guy, but he ranked very low on the cuddly scale.

Oh, it's true! :tongue: Wait...no...what happens on the MF bus, stays on the MF bus!

rookie talent.

then encore.

play the game.

limit your vocab to not include the "m" word.

pray to god that the other two buses, or yours doesnt break down and they/you have to squeeze into another bus on the floor.

scream at the air conditioning/window for not working right or being open.

listen to funny stories.

and, (personal fav) dont j*** on the seats. :tongue:

m word?

m word?

MOJO

:tongue:

Crazy stuff did happen but within about 2 hours from leaving (4 with a movie) the majority of the bus was passed out until the next rest stop. Some did the headphone thing and others brought portable dvd players. I wrote in a journal. I was also a sleeper. That bus knocked me out every time.

I slept, hard. I expected things to be much more inappropriate than they ended up being (my dad told me horror stories from when he marched in 1980). Maybe it was because I sat on the colorguard bus.

I would usually be working in my dot book and studying for dot book tests and sleeping.

Pop a couple benadryl and told the person next to me to wake me up when we got to the housing site.

Guy's seat in front reclined all the way back and mine tilted maybe 2 inches. Stagecoach! I felt like a dentist at times. Spotty a/c, sweaty from the show, and usually thirsty.

That said, I was rarely awake for more than a few minutes once we rolled out of the lot.

SLEEP.

"Good times" is an adapted euphemism.

Bus wars, rookie talent shows, immensley disrespectful "mother" joke wars, extracurricular activities with opposite sex bus partners and, best of all, slinging a sheet hammock from the luggage racks and sleeping (until you fell out onto the floor sleeper below!)