Atlanta's Brave New World

Not my point at all .. the point is my daughter is 11 ... and already needs a bra .. and her hips grew about 4 inches in the last 2 weeks. The Boston girls are growing to be fine young women and exemplify the theme of their show ... I'm just not ready for my 11 year old to already want the same. Maybe when she's 30!!!!!

Just wait 'til she's on tour !!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then put your money where your mouth is. You are one of the few out of any of us here who can do anything about it.

One of the tenants of being on the Board of Directors for the Blue Devils:

- We're on the board because we do what we do best: do strategic planning for the organization.

- Dave Gibbs is the Executive Director, and does what he does best: day-to-day management of the organization.

- The creative staff of the A-Corps do what they do best: Produce the best show possible under the given rules.

Ergo, we stay out of that level of control of the organization ... it seems to work for us!

Edited by Jeff DeMello

If BD wins it will probably be my least favorite 1st place show in the history of DCI. Technically superior but almost nothing emotionally.

BDs 07 show goes down as my least favorite. But I really like BDs show this year. I just think they are getting scored way higher than they should due to the lack of difficulty of the show (relatively speaking). I don't like Cadets show as much but Cadets clearly have a much more demanding show and are performing it well. They should be beating BD in my opinion. As I said earlier, I could literally hear horns bouncing around during BDs show. I didn't hear that with Cadets and their visual book is far more demanding.

Decent night for BK, they stopped the bleeding and are barely ahead of the Glassmen at the moment. Here's to hoping that they start to get their act together.

So def. gonna be CG...

I can see that happening .. although the 9 yr old is more graceful ... my 11 yr old has the mentality and work ethic for drum corps. She's very much her fathers daughter.

- Dave Gibbs is the Executive Director, and does what he does best: day-to-day management of the organization.

Ergo, we stay out of that level of control of the organization ... it seems to work for us!

Nice point. Something to be said for this! Not to mention the fact that he doesn't broadcast his expectations and disappointment. It must be hard for judges to get past open criticism.

How does a show this big have mistakes (switched judges) on the recap? Probably doesn't affect the scores, but they have several judges listed in the wrong caption. Come on DCI.

steve c isnt he brass normally?