Charleston, WV

What???

This is not "someone", it's a STAFF MEMBER, in the stands, on the 50 where I'm SURE he did not pay for a seat, trying to "add" to the corps show.

It's not spontaneous, it's not emotion, and that guy is not screaming out of nostalgia or some other rubbish. I go to corps shows to hear corps play, not to hear staff members scream from the stands.

I don't care if someone thinks I'm overreacting or not. I love Cadets show, and I've been a Cadets fan and a George Hopkins fan since the 80's. I'm angry about this.

That's called "RE-acting" to a yell, not "OVER overreacting." If anger is the crowd reaction Cadets are are going for they've got it.

Staff members need to stay out of the stands, and shut the hell up while their corps is performing.

i dunno who it is, but the same phrase was yelled out at the exact same time at the Murfreesboro show.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to make sure I yell HOLY NAME so I can give someone else a reason to complain about ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!

If the spirit moves you, cheer, I always say. I don't know what the big deal is either. So someone yells "Holy Name!" Good for them. It's no more staged than the initial "I am Spartacus" (which was requested by the corps, on the website...you can go and check). if it becomes spontaneous after staff planted the idea, how is that bad?

Here's a fun question; did you feel the same way when people yelled #$%^ at The Cadets in 06/07? Is it not okay for a staff member to yell "Holy Name" when they spell out HNC, but okay for the audience to tell Alice she's in Madison?

Hmm, I'm not sure of the reference, but I assure you I hate the people who scream during the quiet sections in Cadets shows. I think they do it so they can be get onto the DCI recordings, and when they're drunk and parties with their nerdy friends they can play drum corps recordings, and say "thaaatssh meeee."

They don't do it when the Mandarins are on. They save that crap for Cadets and Blue Devils. They do it because it is approved and condoned in the drum corps idiom. It is only .00019 percent of the audience, but those idiots think it's OK. I'm speaking for the other 99.9999 percent of us who are adults and know how to behave.

I have to agree with you. A staff member yelling something and interupting the show is VERY unprofessional IMO. I hate it when anyone, staff or otherwise, yells during those tender and quiet moments in ballads. It completely ruins the mood and the moment.

Well, it's the staff who've created whatever moment you think you're experiencing...maybe the mood you think's established is not what's intended :thumbup:

99.9999% + .00019% = 100.00009%

Thanks, I wasn't a math major! :thumbup:

Hey, I replied to your post because you are a Phantom fan, and PR has been taking their lumps at DCP this year.

I want to tell you that at Charleston they got a HUGE ovation. The kids are selling the show and I liked it a lot. It is much better live than on FN. They have a huge horn sound and their snares play better than anybody else, in my humble opinion. (I heard phantom's snares in the lot, I'm not wrong about this. :) )

BIG standing O at the end of the show, from the West Virginia crowd, and from wvu80!

Thanks, I wasn't a math major! :thumbup:

Hey, I replied to your post because you are a Phantom fan, and PR has been taking their lumps at DCP this year.

I want to tell you that at Charleston they got a HUGE ovation. The kids are selling the show and I liked it a lot. It is much better live than on FN. They have a huge horn sound and their snares play better than anybody else, in my humble opinion. (I heard phantom's snares in the lot, I'm not wrong about this. :) )

BIG standing O at the end of the show, from the West Virginia crowd, and from wvu80!

me neither, but that caught my eye. lol.

no, the show just isn't the same live. WAY better in person. i was sitting 15 rows up in the Boro and they pinned me to the back of my seat with their sound more than they had all day in rehearsal. it's not like they weren't loud there or had endured a full days work yet! i was even closer to them at rehearsal than the show. these kids have some power and are really nice to be around (along with the staff/crew). i wish them the best.

Edited by chaos001