Quarterfinals on The Big Screen

Just curious for anyone else at the theaters... During Boston's Preshow, when the camera was zoomed in on the Blonde girl in the guard- did any of the guys in the room whistle or hoot at her, and RIGHT after they did it, did you see her smile shyly. Pretty much all the guys in the theater in cupertino did this, and then laughed as she shyly smiled. I mean it was as if she heard them!

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Now that DCI is shooing in HD, what was the comparison between this year and last year quality wise? Substantially better, little bit better, same, not as good, etc."

substantially better.

by the way, theater in Maumee, OH (just south of toledo) was about half full. good crowd.

heading to indy tomorrow morning. will watch cadets rehearse for a few hours then on to the stadium.

i have never been a fan of blue devils. their style just tends not to be my thing, however, i've always appreciated their performance level. anyway, after hearing (reading) peoples opinions on this year's BD show i expected not to enjoy it, but i did. might be my favorite from them...

i'm a cadets fan (which might already be apparent), and it's my favorite show this year, but also enjoyed crown tonight and bluecoats. had a few students in the theater tonight and they liked bluecoats also.

Just curious for anyone else at the theaters... During Boston's Preshow, when the camera was zoomed in on the Blonde girl in the guard- did any of the guys in the room whistle or hoot at her, and RIGHT after they did it, did you see her smile shyly. Pretty much all the guys in the theater in cupertino did this, and then laughed as she shyly smiled. I mean it was as if she heard them!

Yes we had some hootin and hollerin' in madison...

That may be true, but if BD continues to perform their show technically better than others, they'll continue to win.

Not even going to try and disagree with you on this point, because you're right. But I will say, that upon first viewing of their show, I'm incredibly disappointed. I can't recollect a single melody from their show (having watched it only an hour ago). I came away thinking that it was all impact and no substance. But whatever... just my opinion.

Not even going to try and disagree with you on this point, because you're right. But I will say, that upon first viewing of their show, I'm incredibly disappointed. I can't recollect a single melody from their show (having watched it only an hour ago). I came away thinking that it was all impact and no substance. But whatever... just my opinion.

I destroyed them after my first viewing(BD). I now realize that I was wrong.

Geoffrey

When Boston was setting up, there was a point where one of the guard girls set up inches in front of a horn player (both facing backfield), and the guy just happened to squat down to stretch real quick and popped right back up. The entire theater started cracking up where I was.

Ya, there was some hooting and hollering in the theater in Syracuse at the BAC Colorguard girl.

Yep.

"From the Red Light District of Boston, DCI is proud to present..."

When Boston was setting up, there was a point where one of the guard girls set up inches in front of a horn player (both facing backfield), and the guy just happened to squat down to stretch real quick and popped right back up. The entire theater started cracking up where I was.

I was going to reply with the same thing...