Allenton Friday Weather

Current Weather Service forecast is similar to yesterday's in the PA/NJ/MD area. Similar situations, though probably less tornado-prone than yesterday. More moisture in the air than yesterday, but the upper-air dynamics are slightly less storm-favorable than yesterday. Either way, there WILL be rain, and it will likely arrive in large part by late afternoon, with the majority of the rain moving towards off-coast closer to midnight.

I am guessing no rain until about 7 pm, but then it will get nasty!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

if the future pattern holds true, the worst of the storms will go north of 81, following the I 81 corridor.

now we have to hope the main body of the front decides to go more north than east

Accuweather right now is saying storms in the hour of 6, 7, and 9. What is the curfew at the stadium. I don't have to be home at any certain time.

What I'm curious about is what is their backup plan if the rain just won't stop and outright stops the show from occuring? Can they make it an all-day event on Saturday with such last-minute notice? I don't see any other shows scheduled for the 1st but there would be housing and traveling issues galore. There are shows already scheduled for Sunday so it's not like they can just push everything back one day.

That would be a fantastic idea.

They could hold the Friday show in the daytime on Saturday. Anybody who holds Friday night tickets can attend. The problem is for people who can't attend. Would they be able to return their tickets and have DCI resell them?

except several corps have a show somewhere else, do they not?

Yeah, it's going to be completely miserable tonight. Not as bad as the remains of Ernesto during DCA Prelims (in '06 was it?), which was a complete washout of a whole day, but there's very, very little chance that Allentown will stay dry from 6-11 tonight. The timing of this system really could not be worse. Unlikely as it may be, I do hope they have a backup plan in place for tomorrow...I'd be very happy to spend all day watching drum corps.

Honestly, if the field is nasty and it's raining, I hope they don't go on. Don't want avoidable injuries at this point in the season. Do individual corps reserve the right NOT to march even if others do?

Yeah, it's going to be completely miserable tonight. Not as bad as the remains of Ernesto during DCA Prelims (in '06 was it?), which was a complete washout of a whole day, but there's very, very little chance that Allentown will stay dry from 6-11 tonight. The timing of this system really could not be worse. Unlikely as it may be, I do hope they have a backup plan in place for tomorrow...I'd be very happy to spend all day watching drum corps.

it looks like 4-6 then again after 830 it could get wet again.

gonna be fun

Honestly, if the field is nasty and it's raining, I hope they don't go on. Don't want avoidable injuries at this point in the season. Do individual corps reserve the right NOT to march even if others do?

Unless there is lightening in the area, the show will go on, albeit perhaps as an unjudged standstill.

On the bright side, the new turf in A'town drains quickly so if there IS rain, there's a good chance we'll still see the show, after a delay.

the front moved south. looks like Allentown starts getting rain about 3, some possible heavy stuff between 5 and 6.

the future tracker stops at 6 PM, and there is still green to the west of Allentown out to the 78/81 split.

if it keeps pushing more east than north, skies could be dry by 7. if it turns and heads more north than east, it could be really wet