Allentown - Day 2

So there is a simple way of stopping all this "disagreement" about scores, placements, and predictions.

Don't do shows over 2 days, make it a regional, have all of them go on the same day,

And it eliminates this whole "They had an extra day or practice, or they were being compared to the shows last night when being judged"

Of course, it wouldn't come close to eliminating the "I could hear groups warming-up over the ballad" arguments. Allentown logistically is not a great venue for drum corps. But the fans are great, it's obviously a good show (financially) for DCI, and thus sacrifices are made. It kind of makes the drama going into Finals a bit more intriguing, as these corps haven't all gone head to head since Atlanta (or maybe that's what DCI is going for).

Either way, it makes for nice scuttlebutt going into Indy! :thumbup:

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from my DCA show! What did I miss??!?!?!?!?!? :thumbup:

Idk, there was something about Crown doing really well, then someone made the comment of There basing it off last nights score, then something about predictions started, and now I'm just confused

If you're a Crown fan, then tonights are completely applicable and accurate!

If you're a fan of Cavies, Cadets, or BD, then you can't compare different shows!

...That about right?

lol. But for the record I'm a Crown fan and I don't think you can compare shows on two nights even with the same judges in the same venue due to human nature/error/whatever you want to call it.

Before the shows I heard speculation that the division with the Big Three would be a detriment to CC. Now some people are going to say it was better for CC because they scored so well. It wouldn't have been a surprise for CC to finish second to BD and it wouldn't have been a surprise if they'd finished fourth. Its just that kind of season.

Crown Won! You should be getting a very happy phone call!!! :worthy::thumbup:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! OMG!!!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Totally awesome!!!!!!!! Great job Crown!!!!!

...yeah Dustin said for him to be in the "zone" for Quarterfinals & such, he's turning his phone off starting tonight. So it'll be a happy-last phone call until after Finals.....haha I guess I can always call Nick!! :worthy:

So officially what was the new Crown nugget they were unveiling? Did Tink fly?

Of course, it wouldn't come close to eliminating the "I could hear groups warming-up over the ballad" arguments. Allentown logistically is not a great venue for drum corps. But the fans are great, it's obviously a good show (financially) for DCI, and thus sacrifices are made. It kind of makes the drama going into Finals a bit more intriguing, as these corps haven't all gone head to head since Atlanta (or maybe that's what DCI is going for).

Either way, it makes for nice scuttlebutt going into Indy! :thumbup:

bah, everyone knows the whole "hearing groups warming-up over the ballad" adds to the "Effect and Surroundings" of said DCI show :thumbup:

The reason I am rooting for Crown to win... To silence the folks that say they have shot at anything g higher than 4th place. That would be a great early Xmas present.

and the reason i dont want them to win is on my opinion that i dont like the show but people think i hate crown beacuse of that. o well i still have myself to talk to. :thumbup: