Hopkins' May Have Changed His Mind

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, duh!

This is from DCI.org

“ there’s nothing better than watching the kids stand on the field and work their rear ends off all year and then have them able to look out in the stands and see people going nuts.”

Of course, it's has to be much better than them just seeing YOU as the nut in the stand ! :thumbup:

It seems insulting or patronizing to suggest that the "crowd" doesn't like "something more intersting." Like he is so far beyond what the crowd... AND JUDGES can get in to.

It isn't US George, it is YOU!

Insulting/Patronizing? I think you're reading way too much into it, friend. I think he's just talking about the extent to which a given program might be more accessible, or less so from the audience point of view.

peace,

Fred O.

It seems insulting or patronizing to suggest that the "crowd" doesn't like "something more intersting." Like he is so far beyond what the crowd... AND JUDGES can get in to.

Yeah, c'mon. This is ridiculous. You just don't want to cut the guy any slack at all. You're determined to be insulted by him, and he's not insulting you.

ummm and I really believe it is also about the designers. (And this is certainly not unique to the Cadets.) I suspect that many of them are so interested in being clever and in "pushing the activity forward" and doing things that the judges will be impressed with (from a perceived "innovation" standpoint) - that they couldn't honestly give a rat's hiney whether or not the crowd even attends the show, much less sits on their hands the whole time. And I bet that also translates into some of them not too much sharing Hopkins' epiphany that it might matter that it feels good to the performers to be appreciated and (get ready for this) even loved by people in the stands who have to pay for a ticket.

just my two cents...

Wow, a whole 12 posts before someone twisted a positive into a negative against Hop. Congratulations. :thumbup:

Edited by Wadep66

Wow, a whole 12 posts before someone twisted a positive into a negative against Hop. Congratulations. :thumbup:

I was gonna comment on that post, but I didn't want to be accused of being "on edge", but I guess you guys took care of that for me.

Either way, I am loving what Cadets are doing this year and I am glad the crowd is loving them as well.