Crown and Star

As we all know most of Carolina Crown's staff since 2003 are former members and staff of Star of Indiana. Is the success of Star of Indiana a way to predict the success of Crown in the past and the future.

Start of Indiana: Carolina Crown

1985-10th Place 2003-10th Place

1986-8th Place 2004-7th Place

1987-7th Place 2005-7th Place

1988-7th Place 2006-8th Place

1989-6th Place 2007-6th Place

1990-3rd Place 2008-4th Place

1991-1st Place Champions 2009-? Could this be the year?????

1992-3rd Place

1993-2nd Place

So could this be the year that Carolina Crown takes the gold for the first time (which it's starting to look like they could just do that.) Based on the results of Star of Indiana it looks like this could be Crown's year. What do you think?

Edited by jaybrab07

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, they def could. Glad I wasn't the only one seeing the connections between the two corps. And HEY, good for them. I just hope it doesn't mean that they'll be extinct anytime soon. Even if they were though, at least they left a great legacy behind.

I think it would be a big coincidence! But not one I would be complaining about at all.

Since they are actually the same corps, just with different uniforms, they will all be disqualified for being almost 15 years overage

Brass sound similarity is undeniable.

A VERY good thing.

Lance, I guess I'm one of the few people who really don't "hear" it. Star had my favorite hornline year in and out. Crown has had my favorite line the past few years. I do feel they are close in comparison, but balance wise I still prefer Star. Star's bari/euph lines could balance their strong contra sound. I've only heard Crown live a few times this year and the tubas just overpowered the bari/euph line each time. They still sounded great, but just not like Star IMO.

I just watched the fn of crown from allentown and wow the new ending is outstanding!!!!

Lance, I guess I'm one of the few people who really don't "hear" it. Star had my favorite hornline year in and out. Crown has had my favorite line the past few years. I do feel they are close in comparison, but balance wise I still prefer Star. Star's bari/euph lines could balance their strong contra sound. I've only heard Crown live a few times this year and the tubas just overpowered the bari/euph line each time. They still sounded great, but just not like Star IMO.

Interesting.

Crown 2012: Did Not Compete - Formed "Explosion" Brass Theater

bwhahaha

Let's hope not, but isn't the world going to end in 2012? Maybe there is something to this trend? HMMMM