Allentown Bridgemen Encore Complaint

Too long?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Is 20 minutes too long for a noncompeting corps encore?

• Yes
    • No

I usually don't try to complain that much on here, I think this may be my first one, but I'm going to get on my soapbox and speak my mind about what I thought of the Bridgemen. They were good but I think their show was just a tad bit too long. Over twenty minutes!!! :sad: Now I respect that there are a lot of folks out there that want to see G bugles and relive the 80's but that was a bit much for me. The drum majors where at the gate at about 10 and the Bridgemen didn't finish their show until about 10:15. Also, when Crown were ending their show, the Bridgmen already were ready to take the field and were in the way of the departing colorguard member. (he actually ran right through the middle of them because they were in the way). Spirit was on after Bones and they moved to the side for the Crossmen to pass. Granted I'm talking about 80+ people running vs 1 but I still think the Bridgemen could have waited to the side. (off the soapbox) :lol:

Edited by ctbonesfan

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes is too long for any encore. Even if it is the Bridgemen, who were one of my favorites in their day! Man do I miss them. We need a corps like that back in this activity, but mainly we need them back as a junior corps. We also need VK to keep moving in the right direction and get back to world class. The activity needs some humor and good fun.

I usually don't try to complain that much on here, I think this may be my first one, but I'm going to get on my soapbox and speak my mind about what I thought of the Bridgemen. They were good but I think their show was just a tad bit too long. Over twenty minutes!!! :sad: Now I respect that there are a lot of folks out there that want to see G bugles and relive the 80's but that was a bit much for me. The drum majors where at the gate at about 10 and the Bridgemen didn't finish their show until about 10:15. Also, when Crown were ending their show, the Bridgmen already were ready to take the field and were in the way of the departing colorguard member. (he actually ran right through the middle of them because they were in the way). Spirit was on after Bones and they moved to the side for the Crossmen to pass. Granted I'm talking about 80+ people running vs 1 but I still think the Bridgemen could have waited to the side. (off the soapbox) :lol:

Question:

would you feel the same way if it were the Marine D&BC doing their dog and pony show that runs over 30 minutes ?

Question:

would you feel the same way if it were the Marine D&BC doing their dog and pony show that runs over 30 minutes ?

Yes? I don't know what you're referring to but I think having an encore that much longer than a show is a bit much.

Question:

I would, and I'm a Marine.

It was pretty obvious that the person complaining wasn't complaining that it was the Bridgemen, but that it was simply too long.

20 minutes is too long.

If the Corps would still have retreat like we used to then the there would be no problem.

The time between the last Corps and the Scores would be taken up by the Corps marching onto the Field and doing whatever rituals they come up with.

Now I would sit through the Bridgemen and Marine Corps Drum & Bugle Corps if they played 30 minutes each. :sad::lol:

Now the Bridgemen being rude by not moving out of the Way? The Drum Major or Majors could have directed the Corps to move aside and let the Junior Corps Member pass.

I would, and I'm a Marine.

It was pretty obvious that the person complaining wasn't complaining that it was the Bridgemen, but that it was simply too long.

I don't like it when INT goes on too long also.