Allentown Bridgemen Encore Complaint

Too long?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Is 20 minutes too long for a noncompeting corps encore?

• Yes
    • No

I was the DM in charge of the Bridgemen on Saturday night. My brother, Cadet311 explained the situation very well.

As for the running member of Carolina Crown...

I had absolutely no idea what he was doing. I was watching the two DCI Officials for our next cue to move. When all of a sudden a young man came running toward me. I immediately turned around, and told everyone to move to their right. The corps members did this, and the "runner" proceeded through the gate without any problem, nor interference. I still don't know what that was all about. Apparently it's part of their show?

So...I DID direct the corps to move aside, as you suggested, ctbonesfan. Also, as Cadet311 mentioned...we were totally under the direction of the DCI Officials until we stepped over the back sideline.

As for the length of our show...

If we were "At the gate about 10", and "finished our show at 10:15", that totals only 15 minutes, by my calculations.

We are grateful to DCI for having given us this wonderful opportunity to perform in Allentown for each of the last four years!

The audience is always very receptive, and appreciative, and the Bridgemen (each and every member, past & present) are VERY appreciative of the warm, loving support that the wonderful audience bestows upon us, throughout our performance!!!

ON BEHALF OF THE BRIDGEMEN...A HEARTFELT THANK YOU TO DCI, AND THE AMAZING FANS AT DCI EAST!!!

Jim Jordan

Drum Major

Bayonne Bridgemen Drum & Bugle Corps

-----------------------

Thanks Jim and an awesome response.

From the hornline, we had no idea what was going on -- and when Jim said move, we moved as fast as the guy that came through.

In the three years I have been with the corps, hands down Allentown and its patrons give us perhaps the warmest, heartfelt and most enthusiastic welcome of any venue we play. :thumbup::cool::tongue:

And for the person who complained about how long it took - - that 15 or 20 minutes felt like a second on the field. It is funny how the good things that happen in life come and go like a flash, and the crowd that was there certainly made us feel like we could play on and on, and I am pretty sure they wouldn't have minded (not sure how long we would have held out - - LOL!!!!).

TO ALL at DCI East and the FANS - - - I agree with Jim, THANK YOU. :tongue::worthy: :worthy: You haven't disappointed us with your enthusiasm, and I hope we have provided you as is the Bridgemen legacy - - with the show that NEVER ends.

LOVE

Blondie

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me get this straight -- you went to a drum corps show, but want to see LESS drum corps performance?

mmm-kay. :rock:

Good point. I'm sorry...... I just burned my soapbox. What was I doing complaining about a corps from drum corps past?... :thumbdown: please don't hate me now :sad:

Edited by ctbonesfan

I'm confused. I was not at Allentown but the Bridgemen's exhibition video on the FN runs 16.5 minutes and their encore performance video is under 2 minutes. Honestly, I think 2 minutes is a very short encore especially when its the Bridgemen.

Good point. I'm sorry...... I just burned my soapbox. What was I doing complaining about a corps from drum corps past?... :thumbdown: please don't hate me now :rock:

You're to be commended for your mea culpa!

Most corps' shows run about 11 1/2 minutes, and their rehearsals can run from 10 to 15 hours every day. For those of us who experienced that, watching an additional 9 minutes of an encore shouldn't be much of a problem - at least I wouldn't think.

20 minutes of the Bridemen? Give me 2 HOURS of the Bridgemen.

Thank you all for the kind words & props! The Show Never Ends & we are going to do our best to keep it that way!

For those of you that were not there & want to see the photos...........For those who were & want to re-live the moment:

http://bridgemen.smugmug.com/gallery/91274...608456870_ZGDTW

HYPE to you all!