Allentown Bridgemen Encore Complaint

Too long?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Is 20 minutes too long for a noncompeting corps encore?

• Yes
    • No

My one regret about missing Allentown was missing the Bridgemen.

It sounds like the principal complaint is the length of the exhibition. I'm thinking about DCI semis and there's often a historical-type exhibition, and I think that tends to go on for about the same length of time, doesn't it? I'm trying to remember how long Cavies played last year, but frankly I can't...I was having too much fun watching it and enjoying the performance. Anyone know? There have been other ones, too...and some of them seemed pretty long. But again, I haven't kept stats...too busy trying to enjoy whatever DCI decides to put in front of me.

I miss retreats...the real ones....but I'm never going to complain about an extra five minutes of an exhibition. Especially when it might be something I'll be enjoying the memory of for a long time (as with some of those semis performances...wow...take as much time as you need...the scores can wait).

I agree and think retreats at the regional show level is good for the members and the fans too. It was great spending time and talking drum corps with the current drum corp kids that wow the fans every time they hit the field. It was special sharing a portion of the night with drum corps members watching a little of the old school.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the bridgemen to long? what? are you kidding! the competition was already over! they were just entertaining!!!! lighten up Francis!!! a lot of the corps were playing out on the grass behind the stadium after the scores were announced! did u run out and say they were playing to long? get a freeking life... :thumbdown:

the bridgemen to long? what? are you kidding! the competition was already over! they were just entertaining!!!! lighten up Francis!!! a lot of the corps were playing out on the grass behind the stadium after the scores were announced! did u run out and say they were playing to long? get a freeking life... :thumbdown:

exactly.

Get off the OPs back. No big deal about the guard member leaving, sounds like somesort of miscommunication.

As far as "enough is enough" when a corps is playing, I tend to agree. I like a nice encore or diversion while waiting for scores, but when the scores are ready please read them so I can go home. 20 minutes seems like a long time to me.

Where's the "I missed the #### show" option... Oh well, few weeks to DCA and Alumni Spectacular. :sad:

FYI - Most Alumni-type shows are usually 15-20 minutes so 20 is not a surprise....

PS - Sounds like DCI gave the OK soooooooooooooo grump to DCI. :rock: Saw the OPs last post and not getting on their back. Just being a smart###. :thumbdown:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Dont call me Francis....

I was there.....I watched the Bridgemen....I wanted more Bridgemen......always

Performing in Allentown was one of the best moments of my drumcorps life. :thumbdown: