Poll: How Old Are You?

How Old Are You? Curiosity Poll  

564 members have voted

1. 1. Average Age of DCPers - What is your age?

• 0-11 Years Old
    • 12-15 Years Old
    • 16-18 Years Old
    • 19-21 Years Old
    • 22-25 Years Old
    • 26-30 Years Old
    • 31-36 Years Old
    • 37-40 Years Old
    • 41-47 Years Old
    • 48-51 Years Old
    • 52-56 Years Old
    • 57-61 Years Old
    • 62-68 Years Old
    • 69-72 Years Old
    • 73-78 Years Old
    • 79-85 Years Old
    • Over 86 Years Old

23 and as of right now in the majority of people who took the poll.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my age will grow by the end of the week

Parent of a 25 year-old snowboarder. 80s Alumni of Drum Corps

Make him/her wear a helmet. Not to scare anyone, but there's a reason I'm not headed to Indy right now.

I'm 20, by the way.

I'm 58 years young, thanks for asking.

From 1965-72 I marched with the activities FIRST Corporately Sponsored Corps: The Simplex Minutemen of Gardner, MA was an all-age Corps and due to the sponsorship we were at that time restriced in being a parade/exhibition Corps.

Due to the sponsorship our corporate name "Simplex" was many a time deleted from PA/program announcements

(However, I do believe the Minutemen were sanctioned to "compete" later in the 70's and competed in the MassBay or

Mayflower Circuit).

We marched 65-75 members max. Traveled on two custom coach's, NEVER slept on a gym floor (until I became a BOD for the Arizona Sun 1991-93---no aerobeds back then either!) The Minutemen Corps usually stayed in college dorms

or bunked on cruise ships...yeh, it was a tough gig.

A few fun facts: If memory serves me correctly...and that's no guarantee, but here goes:

-Corps Colors: Red and Grey, Woolen military style uniforms with full tails

-Formal Military Guard: wore authentic Minutemen era uniforms

- Our Corps founded some time in the 40's featured seven baton twilers (man did the other corps give us heat on that!)

-In 1965 Minutemen released an LP/Feature Film Documentary called Simplex "Minutemen on the March."

-All expense paid International Convention Trips as Simplex's musical embasador were frequeunt including three week

tour of Great Britain were they filmed A BBC documentary and gave a command performance for the Queen. Other "tour of duty" included Trinidad/tobago, 9-day crusie of Nassau, Grand Bahamas & Paradise Island (in 1966 it only had one vendor cart selling coke and Hotdog for $5.00!!!!! OUCH

-Annual trips of Sherbrook, Canada to participate in Gold Cup Horse Race Festival---learned the hard way that you can't march a field show on a horse track! ( through Carolina Crown may have been able to pull it off) :thumbup:

-The Corps staff consited of: Corps Director who also served as Brass Instructor, a percussion instructor and Guard Coach. That's it!

-Rehearsals: Year Long, TWICE A WEEK Wednesday for Music, Sunday M&M (that's marching and manuvering for you

youngins)

-Practice Facilities; Four: 1) Simplex Cafeteria for Brass/Percussion lessons. 2) An entire huge factory floor for winter indoor rehearsal and M&M 3)our own private parking lot and a cordoned off city street for summer M&M this was a must since we were a major "parade corps".

-Big Time Parade Rivalry: The Nashua Spartans...others included Fitchburg Kingsmen, Joanettes, Jeanettes and a Corps that still exists to this day, perhaps you've heard, they "were" a Boston Area Corps known as

The Boston Crusaders.

OK, think I better turn off "Memory Lane", my head hurts.

I'm 46 and I'd appreciate it if you got off my lawn!

I'm 22 and will be holding my 23rd Birthday Party on LincolnV's front lawn! Who's coming?!

I'd be interested in hearing it.

... and this being DCP, I feel the need to add that I'm being genuine :thumbup:

Yup, I'm interesting in hearing the reason behind this double-spiked distribution as well.

question:

do you ant my mental age or physical age?

Yup, I'm interesting in hearing the reason behind this double-spiked distribution as well.

if only i payed attention in statistics instead of playing snake