Who here is going to the drum corps finals this year?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just curious. How many here are going to go see to the drum corps finals this year? I'm going.

Muah! I leave tomorrow afternoon for Indy! I'm sooooo excited! It's going to be a great week!

See y'all there!

I'm just curious. How many here are going to go see to the drum corps finals this year? I'm going.

Not me and won't for awhile at least. Nothing against Indy, I'm sure many people will be able to find some interesting things to do along with DCI but it's not my cup of tea. I really enjoyed many of the Championships since 72 but it was also because of other attractions to make it a week of vacation.

You all have a great time.

Besides, domes suck :thumbup:

Indianapolis is one of my favorite cities. Plenty to do. I'm leaving on Friday morning.

Not me and won't for awhile at least. Nothing against Indy, I'm sure many people will be able to find some interesting things to do along with DCI but it's not my cup of tea. I really enjoyed many of the Championships since 72 but it was also because of other attractions to make it a week of vacation.

You all have a great time.

Besides, domes suck :thumbup:

What HE said.

Plus, I'm not putting any money into DCI's pockets until there is a return to more "retro" performances on the field. Keep the drill, but "retro" everything else, or it's "The song that Quint sang to Hooper after asking him about the shark cage as they were preparing to to leave the dock in Amity." Jaws fans will know the song..........

In complete desperation, and with no hope at all, I will try for one more day to priceline a cheap flight from Austin for Friday. I know it's nigh impossible to find an airline that would accept my paltry $150 bid, but I'm still going to try for one more day before I give up. (if anyone wants to spot me another $150, I'd have a shot. :thumbup: )

You bet I am. Living in Indianapolis kind of leaves me without an excuse for attending. I'll be leaving work early on Thursday to catch Quaterfinals. Friday the wife and I are going to the Indiana State Fair, which I would suggest to anyone looking for something fun to do while in Indianapolis. Saturday she and I will both be at Finals. This is the first time I've ever been able to attend finals. I'M SO EXCITED!

No finals for me, but I will be there for semis. I'll be downtown on Saturday night anyway, maybe on Thursday night as well, so if any DCPers want to get together I'll be there.