Terrible Sound in Lucas

I fear that this will be a bad business decision in the long run...DCI should have done a "test" show to gauge the acoustic impact.

But my question is why won't they retract the roof? What did they put it in for if they won't use it?

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whiskey,

Maybe you could bring the.....?

just got home from 1/4's...

Ya'll remember the RCA dome? Lucas is pretty much the same, with cushier seats, more leg room, and more expensive food/drinks...

3.50 for bottled water...bring your own cap from home

4.00 for bottled soda...ditto

8 bucks for a bbq pork sammich...was fairly tasty though

8 bucks for bbq nachos...also fairly tasty

no alcohol for sale anywhere I could see...

the party was in the souvie area...at least the sound from the band down there was ok...

I just got back from the show and I thought the sound was excellent.

Waayyyy better than the RCA Dome. Yes, there was some low end sustain that muddied some parts, but I think the echo enhances other parts of the music, so it's a trade off. Also, this stadium is freakin' loud! I was on about the 25th row right on the 50 (lower level) and some of the brass impact points were almost painful. The last note of Blue Devils show: :bigsmile:

I was at IU last year and I have to say this year at Lucas Oil was much more enjoyable, mostly because of the venue. Acoustically, yes IU had clearer sound, but there was some annoying echos caused by the backfield metal bleachers..... also, after sitting for almost 7 hours on metal bleachers with no backs and no leg room, you are so fatigued that the last few corps become less enjoyable. At Lucas Oil, there is plenty of leg room, a gentle cool breeze (from the air conditioner), vinyl padded seats, and the great black backdrop.

I think it is a great venue for championships and will definitely be back every year I possibly can. :bluedevil:

I just got back from the show and I thought the sound was excellent.

Waayyyy better than the RCA Dome. Yes, there was some low end sustain that muddied some parts, but I think the echo enhances other parts of the music, so it's a trade off. Also, this stadium is freakin' loud! I was on about the 25th row right on the 50 (lower level) and some of the brass impact points were almost painful. The last note of Blue Devils show: :bigsmile:

I was at IU last year and I have to say this year at Lucas Oil was much more enjoyable, mostly because of the venue. Acoustically, yes IU had clearer sound, but there was some annoying echos caused by the backfield metal bleachers..... also, after sitting for almost 7 hours on metal bleachers with no backs and no leg room, you are so fatigued that the last few corps become less enjoyable. At Lucas Oil, there is plenty of leg room, a gentle cool breeze (from the air conditioner), vinyl padded seats, and the great black backdrop.

I think it is a great venue for championships and will definitely be back every year I possibly can. :bluedevil:

I either want your seats next time, or whatever yer drinkin'...Maybe it's better on the 50, but on the 35 it's crap...flat out crap...and for 55 bucks at quarters...crap doesn't exactly build fond memories...

You should have plenty of leg room next year.

Seriously, WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH THE ROOF!? I can't seem to find the explanation for why they won't open it for DCI... I assume it's being closed for BOA as well? Did they open it for Colts games? Again, what's the point of a retractable roof if you don't open it?