DCI World Class Semifinals Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have got to be kidding. Their opening guard statement is drop spins. Ridiculous.

Don't forget that they were standing still while doing them...or should I say sitting. At least they could the drop spins on the move! :tongue:

BD 's guard might be the best I've seen in a long time.They don't just dance, their equipment work is the most difficult out there, and they execute the heck out of it.

I would have to agree with you. Incredible! :) Their rifle line is HOT!

BD was on fire tonight all the way around! :tongue:

I have to say I enjoyed Cavies and the Holy Name Cadets as well.

Edited by Lancerlady

I say they do I&E winners during the intermission :)

three decimal places? Is it really necessary for DCI to keep posting scores with three decimal places. I haven't seen anything without a "0" on the end all year.

Thank you! I wasn't going to split hairs, but since DCI dumped the second drum judge, there is no need for the 3rd decimal place.

Then again, in the all-buildup years (after ticks/before averaging), they kept the 2nd decimal place. Imagine how many trillions of dollars of toner would have been saved.

OK BD nation, don't go nuts on me here... I'm only going to say this once.

BD's show kinda grew on me tonight...

JUST A LITTLE! I'm still trying not to like it. :tongue:

"You'll come around"

trombone performance....really?

trombone performance....really?

I wonder who won for best harpsichord this year

Blue Devils. It's hard to beat perfection, and they were on fire tonight. I love the show!

There's your winner.

No disagreement on their execution. I just wish I could get into the product more. On the other hand, I'm probably a little biased against jazz on the field as a personal preference...Nobody marches like them bar none (Todd Ryan knows his shiznit like no one else)...they always play their instruments well enough to be in the top 2 in all three music caption. I appreciate the execution and understand how they win, I just haven't really really gotten into one of their shows since '93. How I feel about BD must be how some people felt about Star...great execution i just wish I loved the product from a design standpoint.