DCI World Class 2009 Finals Thread

Did it ever occur to you that the Cadets had an off night? One of their drummers tripped and fell during the show, which I'm sure affected their cleanliness and nobody can play well during every show. He may have changed the game but he did it for the correct reasons and until you're inside his head I deny you to tell me his motives as they are in fact just that, HIS. He should continue judging for as long as they'll have him. Personally, I think he did a very adequate job.

Well I guess the other judges on the two previous nights got it wrong then too . They both had The Cadets 3rd....Then Mr game changer comes in and dumps them to 8th? come on 8th? I am sorry but the Cadets are not 8th in anything. This guy changed the game. You can't defend someone who is so Blatant. This does not take away what Crown has done. I like Crown and The Blue Devils. I am not saying that didn't deserve to be in 1st and 2nd. I am just saying that no judge should be able to get away with this crap. This was a deliberate score to change the game and make sure that he could change the game. I think that DCI should never have this guy judge again. He should be fired!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everyone loses DCP around score time

Well I guess the other judges on the two previous nights got it wrong then too . They both had The Cadets 3rd....Then Mr game changer comes in and dumps them to 8th? come on 8th? I am sorry but the Cadets are not 8th in anything. This guy changed the game. You can't defend someone who is so Blatant. This does not take away what Crown has done. I like Crown and The Blue Devils. I am not saying that didn't deserve to be in 1st and 2nd. I am just saying that no judge should be able to get away with this crap. This was a deliberate score to change the game and make sure that he could change the game. I think that DCI should never have this guy judge again. He should be fired!

You completely ignored what Mallets said.

"And the crowd booed very long and loudly when the score was announced. Look for THAT on youtube lol. Bd's score that is.. the boos started with our 2nd place though."

Straight from the horse's mouth boys and girls.

Maybe they were booing because they all thought The Cadets should have been in 2nd? My friend who judges DCA said everyone in the stands were shocked that The Cadets were 3rd. Maybe thats why they were booing?

How come when judges bump corps UP by points and points over the course of just three days nobody complains?

Seems more logical that a corps could have a bad show, and the judge calls em on it (it makes more sense that these rapid risers are *actually* improving so drastically when day by day they only have a chance for maybe a 3-4 hour rehearsal block at best? I don't think so).

You completely ignored what Mallets said.

I heard him....you tell me that the Cadets are an 8th place corp in anything and I will shut up! We have a right to complain when it is so blant that a judge changes the outcome of an event.

I heard him....you tell me that the Cadets are an 8th place corp in anything and I will shut up! We have a right to complain when it is so blant that a judge changes the outcome of an event.

OK.... The Cadets were 8th place in percussion tech. Now shut up.

Did you even read my last post or did you just quote it for effect? Nobody can have a perfect season and score 100's across the board at every show. They had a snare drummer FALL during the show. I don't know about you but if the dude that I'm marching next suddenly isn't there anymore and is rather on the ground I'm going to be at least a little bit distracted. The Cadets got exactly what they deserved.

How come when judges bump corps UP by points and points over the course of just three days nobody complains?

Seems more logical that a corps could have a bad show, and the judge calls em on it (it makes more sense that these rapid risers are *actually* improving so drastically when day by day they only have a chance for maybe a 3-4 hour rehearsal block at best? I don't think so).

Your right, but they do it accross the board on everyone right? or almost everyone? You don't go from 3rd to 8th just like that. In fact they have been pretty good in percussion the past 7 shows since Allentown they have been really good. My friend said they were on fire tonight! Every other judge had them up.......mostly 2nd places accross the board and then you have one score that just doesnt make sence! An 8th place! Almost a whole point....a game changer! One judge! Hold him accountable! This has nothing to do whith what corps it was with. if this was Crown or the BD you guys would all be complaining. If a corp deserved to win, one judge should not be able to take it away. if he had them 4th because they had an off night, I understand, 8th something is wrong here!