DCI World Class 2009 Finals Thread

Since I'm finally caught up...

LOL, just listened to 1984 Suncoast (and Spirit) yesterday. Gotta just love that brass sound.

Six-o-S. Awesome !!

Geoffrey

Loved that show! LOVED it!! But '85's Florida Suite will always be my favorite (although SCV this year is pushing it).

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When BD moves, they freakin' MOVE.

My top 5 Picks for 2009 Championships:

1 Carolina Crown

2 Blue Devils

3 Santa Clara Vanguard

4 HNCGCBC75

5 Cavaliers

Hey, mine, too! However it's probably not going to happen.. haha :tongue:

if you listen to BD june and now they've done tons of changes, great job adjusting during the summer and maintaining their position

Remember, if you ain't first, you're last!

If that is your attitude, then you are very jaded and immature. Corps' experience - win or lose -- elite or open class -- is (should) be about personal perserverence, work ethic, life long friends, team work and collaboration, and simply, experiencing ups and downs of living and thriving together for good and bad. A medal is nice, but at end of the journey, did you feel good about your personal contribution to the whole, the places seen, people met, and ultimately, your own personal growth to understand what is important.

That's kinda what Splooie, Suta and the other fraternal shout-outs is all about. At least, that's what I've taken away some 30+ years later and why I am still mostly a fan (at least an avid supporter of my team and by-virtue, the other teams).

Edited by parkbench

Last I checked, the Untouchables took place closer to the repeal of Prohibition, which was later in the '30s. While I enjoy the music (Ennio Morricone is a god, in my book), I don't see how this music fits into the theme.

but the hunt for Capone started in 29

Any truth to the rumor that Blue Devils and Blue Stars will tour together all of next season and utilize their tables and chairs for a travelling summer bingo?