Predictions for 2010?!

Phantom will place wayy higher.

BD will not win.

Crown reportedly has a lot of age outs this year. I could see them falling back a bit, ...but who knows.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

J.J. Pipitone deserves to be fired. He should never judge again under any circumstances. To take a corps that was in the top 3 in percussion and then change the entire placement single handed is an outrage. These judges and DCI need to know that the fans don't appreciate such dishonestly!!!!

Congradulations to the BD and CC for a great season. The Cadets were outstanding tonight and one judged denied them of 2nd place! Same on DCI for allowing this to happen!

While it is easy to make that assumption based on the recap, the field judges are the only people with the best vantage point to judge what's happening.

That being said, to throw more conspiracy gas to the fire:

1. The same percussion judge was used at Semi's and Finals. When was the last time that's happened (same judge, same caption both Semi's and Finals)? I don't follow that stuff that much, but I can't ever recall that happening.

2. The same percussion judge that put Cadets 3rd to Crown in percussion by .2 at Semi's put them 7th in percussion at Finals with a spread of 1.1. That is a CRAZY spread from one night to the next with the same judge. I can't imagine who much Cadets could've blown their run tonight for their swing/spread to Crown to open up that much. Again, none of us have any clue what was heard on the field tonight, and it's possible Cadets puked all over themselves Finals night and deserved the much larger spread tonight. But it's definitely odd that at Finals, a corps as consistent and good as Cadets had that big of a blow up. Maybe someone who was there could let us know if there was some big ensemble tear or something.

3. In 2006 the same perc. judge from tonight put a HUGE spread on Phantom over Cavaliers, almost turning those placements around.

4. In 2008 the same perc. judge put a huge spread between Phantom and Devs, and conspiracy buffs could argue that the huge percussion spread turned the placements around.

** I WANT TO MAKE IT VERY CLEAR THAT I AM IN NO WAY TYING TO IMPLY THAT ANY OF THESE ANOMALIES ARE MALICIOUS OR TRUE. Without hearing a judge's tape or being on the field to hear it first hand, we will never know how things went down. I just thought, in answer to your query.

Cadets win.

Vanguard second and fan favorite.

Crown in third - second straight Ott.

Devils fourth - 'what goes up...'

Blue Stars fifth. Why not?

Regiment sixth. Visual starts to come together.

Cavies seventh. DCP explodes.

The rest I leave to your imaginations, because I don't want to be blamed for a corps falling out of finals.

:tongue:

Edited by mfrontz

While it is easy to make that assumption based on the recap, the field judges are the only people with the best vantage point to judge what's happening.

That being said, to throw more conspiracy gas to the fire:

1. The same percussion judge was used at Semi's and Finals. When was the last time that's happened (same judge, same caption both Semi's and Finals)? I don't follow that stuff that much, but I can't ever recall that happening.

2. The same percussion judge that put Cadets 3rd to Crown in percussion by .2 at Semi's put them 7th in percussion at Finals with a spread of 1.1. That is a CRAZY spread from one night to the next with the same judge. I can't imagine who much Cadets could've blown their run tonight for their swing/spread to Crown to open up that much. Again, none of us have any clue what was heard on the field tonight, and it's possible Cadets puked all over themselves Finals night and deserved the much larger spread tonight. But it's definitely odd that at Finals, a corps as consistent and good as Cadets had that big of a blow up. Maybe someone who was there could let us know if there was some big ensemble tear or something.

3. In 2006 the same perc. judge from tonight put a HUGE spread on Phantom over Cavaliers, almost turning those placements around.

4. In 2008 the same perc. judge put a huge spread between Phantom and Devs, and conspiracy buffs could argue that the huge percussion spread turned the placements around.

** I WANT TO MAKE IT VERY CLEAR THAT I AM IN NO WAY TYING TO IMPLY THAT ANY OF THESE ANOMALIES ARE MALICIOUS OR TRUE. Without hearing a judge's tape or being on the field to hear it first hand, we will never know how things went down. I just thought, in answer to your query.

Just FYI, a Cadets' snare fell tonight. It was not good. While I'm not a judge and can't speculate as to how "good" the recovery was, I also can't imagine that a fall helped their percussion score.

1)Cadets

2)SCV & Crown tied

4)Blue Devils

5)Cavaliers

6)PR

7)BAC

8)Bluecoats

9)Blue Knights

10)Colts

11)Blue Stars

12)Troopers

Just my guess anyways, but does this look realistic?

I just see Crown coming out big again next year, and SCV is growing again and is hungry for a title.

I see Cadets finally back on top.

Cavaliers are in a rut, give them another year to figure out that shows with not much emotional content are on the downturn.

However, I think Cadets have taken that advice way too far the past couple years before this year, and this year they went back to their roots and probably could have taken 2nd.

Blue Devils have been tearing it up the past couple years and I think will probably lose a little next year. However, they are, in my opinion, the best drum corps organization in the world. And besides, I think its been only a matter of time before Crown is able to beat the one corps they haven't beaten before.

Here would be my choice if I were to have it my way.

1)Crown

2)Cadets

3)SCV

4)PR

5)Bluecoats

6)Scouts

7)Blue Knights

8)BAC

9)Colts

10)Cavaliers

11)Blue Devils

12)Southwind (yeah, I miss those guys)

BW

####...yeah I did forget about Blue Knights....how could I forget? They are a classy corps. Always enjoyed watching them when I used to come down to Indy every year. Haven't been able to for 3 years but always enjoyed Blue Knights.

BTW I edited my rankings to include Blue Knights after I had previously omitted them.

Sorry. Just too many corps.

Edited by BoyWonder1911

Sorry, just wanted to be "that guy" that first started this. :tongue:

So what do you think? Will Blue Devils continue with their WGI esque designs and continue to dominate?

Will Phantom go in a new direction with the visual program and bounce back to Top 5?

Will Cadets find their happy medium between cutting edge and fan friendly?

Will SCV build on their formula from this year and take it even further next year?

Will Crown learn from their mistakes and come out with a product that wins next year?

Will Cavaliers think "OK: time to change up our show designs a bit more?"

What do you think?

Forgot questions like:

Will Troop stick around in top 12?

Will Colts or Academy surge into finals?

How will corps like Spirit, Crossmen and Scouts recover from this season?

How will Surf and Cascades fare next year?

Just FYI, a Cadets' snare fell tonight. It was not good. While I'm not a judge and can't speculate as to how "good" the recovery was, I also can't imagine that a fall helped their percussion score.

I haven't seen or talked to anyone who was there, but looking at the recap for percussion, Cadets were 4th in one sub caption and 8th in the other sub caption placing them 7th in overall percussion.

As the above quote says...we really don't know how good the recovery was. Sometimes something like that can: 1. really have a negative effect on the person who fell. 2. it can have an effect on the other people within the line.

Unless we hear the judges tape, we aren't in any position to blame the judge.

I haven't seen or talked to anyone who was there, but looking at the recap for percussion, Cadets were 4th in one sub caption and 8th in the other sub caption placing them 7th in overall percussion.

As the above quote says...we really don't know how good the recovery was. Sometimes something like that can: 1. really have a negative effect on the person who fell. 2. it can have an effect on the other people within the line.

Unless we hear the judges tape, we aren't in any position to blame the judge.

It did seem to effect the rest of the snare line from an interval standpoint, but that was just my take from row 15 of section 640 (aka Summit of Mt. Everest)

1)Cadets

2)SCV & Crown tied

4)Blue Devils

5)Cavaliers

6)PR

7)BAC

8)Bluecoats

9)Blue Stars

10)Colts

11)Scouts

12)Troopers

Just my guess anyways, but does this look realistic?

I just see Crown coming out big again next year, and SCV is growing again and is hungry for a title.

I see Cadets finally back on top.

Cavaliers are in a rut, give them another year to figure out that shows with not much emotional content are on the downturn.

However, I think Cadets have taken that advice way too far the past couple years before this year, and this year they went back to their roots and probably could have taken 2nd.

Blue Devils have been tearing it up the past couple years and I think will probably lose a little next year. However, they are, in my opinion, the best drum corps organization in the world. And besides, I think its been only a matter of time before Crown is able to beat the one corps they haven't beaten before.

Here would be my choice if I were to have it my way.

1)Crown

2)Cadets

3)SCV

4)PR

5)Bluecoats

6)Scouts

7)Troopers

8)BAC

9)Blue Stars

10)Cavaliers

11)Blue Devils

12)Southwind (yeah, I miss those guys)

BW

You really don't like BK do you? Not even in the top 12?

Worst thread ever. :doh:

I will say this, though: electronics didn't suck near as much as I thought they would and narration usage was way, way down. That's a trend I'd like to see continue in 2010.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled wild speculation.

Heh.

and this from a Kabal member! Who woulda thunk it?