DCI finals review

Again................the highly partisan Indy crowd didn't WANT to get it! Bring it back to the Rose Bowl and you'll see THE CROWD get it! It was nothing more than "some" disgruntled losers that have no class! Something like that would never happen in California. NEVER! You're not changing my mind or the Blue Devils on this, they completely understand the lay of the land in Indy and they've seen 2 years in a row in the mid-west finals..a classless, highly homer crowd be highly homer and classless! They expect it as long as they win, and that dynamic ain't changing any time soon!

I noticed you didn't say anything about BD being the only corps to applaud Crown for the Ott Award.....further demonstation of the lack of poise and sportsmenship in that dome!

Also when you try to use SCV as an example, again....(you're not listening! :lol: ) Vanguard was not a repeat winner and a threat to Crown or Cadets (at least at finals). So people could be free to love them (as we all did!).

Rationalize all you want...here's the fact: If not for .025 last year, BD would have 3 peated in one of the most competitve fields in some time! Period! (you may now return to your putting pins in your BD voodoo doll!)

It isn't really matter of whether the "wants" to get it or not. I'm sure BD had plenty of fans there who stood up and cheered wildly. From the responses I'm seeing here on DCP the 2009 show didn't have the mass appeal a lot of other shows had. I saw them in Atlanta and thought they were boring. Now me saying that isn't taking away from the performers, its just saying my personal opinion. It's cool to defend your favorite corps/team/singer/alien/housecat to your dying breath but please be considerate of what others think or feel.

If there were a corps from Indianapolis who was cheered wildly without reserve, then I could believe it was a home crowd. The fallicy in this argument is the fact that DCI Finals tickets are sold to people throughout the country and even throughout the world. I would be willing to bet that a very small percentage of the people in attendance were there just to boo BD. In fact, most of them were there to see good drum corps and cheer on ALL the performers.

:shutup:

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rationalize all you want...here's the fact: If not for .025 last year, BD would have 3 peated in one of the most competitve fields in some time! Period! (you may now return to your putting pins in your BD voodoo doll!)

Why don't you just go and enjoy your championship

All your ranting and raving is doing is solidifying the conspiracy ! - the title was decided long ago and DCI felt they owed BD one because of the .025 from last year.

Posters are expressing their opinions , it is not them trying to " Rationalize all you want "

Get used to being called " The Borg " - it seems resistance is futile if one disagrees with your propaganda.

It was a great year for everyone - BD included.

Are you from outer space? - or too young to know of Ed Wood ?

Edited by fecontra

Wow...it seems the Cadets Borg has been dismantled and being taken up by BD peeps.

If not for .025 last year, BD would have 3 peated in one of the most competitve fields in some time! Period! (you may now return to your putting pins in your BD voodoo doll!)

Cool.

That would match the Cadets and Cavaliers three-peats.

It's not a pissing contest, by the way. :shutup:

Why don't you just go and enjoy your championship

All your ranting and raving is doing is solidifying the conspiracy ! - the title was decided long ago and DCI felt they owed BD one because of the .025 from last year.

Posters are expressing their opinions , it is not them trying to " Rationalize all you want "

Get used to being called " The Borg " - it seems resistance is futile if one disagrees with your propaganda.

It was a great year for everyone - BD included.

Are you from outer space? - or too young to know of Ed Wood ?

Well... asking me to "go and enjoy the championship" is like saying "there, there little fella, your viewpoints are tiresome to us DCP gophers and you're failing to recognize your job as a BD fan...sit there and take it, it's part of the deal on DCP. We say stuff about winning corps (except our favorites of course) and you take it!

If you and the OP don't like my answers, I won't know what to do with myself! :shutup: I'm not really replying to you anyway, I'm just not letting your viewpoints lay there unchallenged. They're just wrong! You call what I post as "ranting" and I would then presume by comparison your posts are thoughtful, well disciplined statements, laced with wisdom, facts and reality. I'm not part of any Borg, I assure you and don't know what the hell that is. I'm simply a fan of the activity who likes BD and other corps and when I hear nonsense trotted out like the OP is attempting to foist, I say something. "Solidify the conspiracy"... yet another "borgism"??? You don't debate very well do you?

And by the way, I probably have shoes as old as you, that I still use! Ed Wood was the producer/director of "Plan 9 from Outer Space" one of the great bad science fiction movies of all time! Got any other test questions??? :lol:

Edited by Plan9

Well... asking me to "go and enjoy the championship" is like saying "there, there little fella, your viewpoints are tiresome to us DCP gophers and you're failing to recognize your job as a BD fan...sit there and take it, it's part of the deal on DCP. We say stuff about winning corps (except our favorites of course) and you take it!

If you and the OP don't like my answers, I won't know what to do with myself! :shutup: I'm not really replying to you anyway, I'm just not letting your viewpoints lay there unchallenged. They're just wrong! You call what I post as "ranting" and I would then presume by comparison your posts are thoughtful, well disciplined statements, laced with wisdom, facts and reality. I'm not part of any Borg, I assure you and don't know what the hell that is. I'm simply a fan of the activity who likes BD and other corps and when I hear nonsense trotted out like the OP is attempting to foist, I say something. "Solidify the conspiracy"... yet another "borgism"??? You don't debate very well do you?

And by the way, I probably have shoes as old as you, that I still use! Ed Wood was the producer/director of "Plan 9 from Outer Space" one of the great bad science fiction movies of all time! Got any other test questions??? :lol:

Once again, it's okay to disagree with someone but there is absolutely no reason to be so rude and venomous about it. So what if someone didn't like your BD's and doesn't worship the ground they walk on. It is OK for people to have an opinion DIFFERENT from yours! You can disagree with them just as they disagree with you. True BD won this year but many people out there viewed their show in a different light than you. Deal with it.

I have never seen such a sore winner.

Tell me about it. No need to continually write long diatribes.

BD didn't get as much love at Finals. That is correct.

Nothing to do with them being from another coast.

Compared to the 2 previous corps before that and SCV, they weren't all that appealing to the fans.

Period. But hey, they won so it doesn't matter.

Tell me about it. No need to continually write long diatribes.

BD didn't get as much love at Finals. That is correct.

Nothing to do with them being from another coast.

Compared to the 2 previous corps before that and SCV, they weren't all that appealing to the fans.

Period. But hey, they won so it doesn't matter.

Again, they weren't responded to as much by the clearly partisan Lucas Oil & Bloomington crowds. Period! California would have been the complete reverse, as it was in 2007. I was there cheering for a different corps and was floored by the response to BD. It's the reality that BD will face in the future as long as it's in Indiana and they are contending for the top spot. Which ain't changing soon, because they are not predisposed to self-destruct like other winners.

You are correct....it has nothing to do with BD being from another coast (who said that? :shutup: ) BD could be from Maine, it's their winning ways that sets people off. With that, I'll leave you to your little therapy cabal where opposing views are not welcome or must be designed in a way that is acceptable to the "borg" (your term). There are sufficient people out here that understand my points and no manner of explanation by me will change your thinking. Toodaloo!

So your pages of argument can be summed up by the following:

"We won, but you didn't clap enough."

Am I getting the gist of it?