If Lucas Oil was a Bust...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Minnesota stadium would rock! Could do a big show in La Crosse before finals. Brand new stadium also.

See here: http://www.wistca.org/uwltrack.html

Not to criticize La Crosse...BUT La Crosse looks like the stands are way too far back from the field due to the track...not sure if I like that...The Minnesota stadium though unproven looks quite promising IMO.

Ok....now if THAT'S what the Chargers are going to get, I'll amend my recommendation! besides, you KNOW they'll put in turf -- for ease of maintenance, if nothing else.

2 questions tho...are they ever gonna build it? I know they were having funding issues even before the economy tanked (although it would create a HELL of a lot of construction and associated jobs).

And by the bay?? I thought they were going to build it in the Murph's lot (similar to how they did Invesco).

http://football.ballparks.com/NFL/SanDiego...rs/newindex.htm & http://www.ftballiance.org/ <-- some information on that stadium proposal.

The city is in debt, and doesn't really want to contribute financially to a new Chargers stadium. So, they've been looking around the county for a place to move. Chula Vista seems to be the favorite for the moment, but who knows.

Edited by dcsnare93

lp_field.jpg

DSCN1130.jpg

DSC04367.jpg

LPField.jpg

LPFieldSeatingChart.jpg

it's not like i'm biased or anything...or a Titans fan :shutup:

That place is HUGE....So what's to do down in Tennessee?...what is the weather like in August? How close is this place to Murphreesboro?

Almost this entire thread is just people naming their favorite stadium (and/or city). Some nice pictures of some nice stadiums.

Can we get a list of criteria you are using to make these choices?

For example, if the primary idea of choosing these venues is to avoid Ticketmaster, you need to go back to the drawing board.

Seattle would be awesome for finals. I live 2 hrs from LOS, but I'd never go there to hear drum corps .... but I'd fly to Seattle to see finals at Qwest. TONS to do there, sights and food are fabulous, and in summer the weather is great (reputation as a rainy city, but there is a dry season in summer).

seahawks_stadium.jpg

This is a great place for Drum Corps. We had the Seattle Cascades show here a few years back. Wow. Also the Husky Stadium is good for Open Class. Some day finals have to be in Seattle. The Worlds Fair was here in 62!

That place is HUGE....So what's to do down in Tennessee?...what is the weather like in August? How close is this place to Murphreesboro?

it was actually close to the same temperature in Nashville as it was in Indy on Finals week.

plenty of stuff to do. nashville has a great arts scene. the NSO is AMAZING and has a really inexpensive summer series. lots of music venues i.e. CMA, Ryman, Opry, Bluebird Cafe, etc...it's not Music City for nothin'.

within an hour of several state parks and canoe/kayaking opportunities. there are always different events going on at Vanderbilt or Belmont Universities. West End, Hillsboro Village, and Green Hills have great shopping (and Belle Meade too, if you can afford it...remember that Belle Meade is in the top 20 wealthiest towns in America). Plenty of dining/bar experiences and hotels.

Murfreesboro is about 35 miles away...it would be a perfect place for Open Class ;)

not that anyone in DCI land is going to be swayed to come here.

Almost this entire thread is just people naming their favorite stadium (and/or city). Some nice pictures of some nice stadiums.

Can we get a list of criteria you are using to make these choices?

For example, if the primary idea of choosing these venues is to avoid Ticketmaster, you need to go back to the drawing board.

Ticketmaster owns everything and everyone related to large event venues.

Ok....now if THAT'S what the Chargers are going to get, I'll amend my recommendation! besides, you KNOW they'll put in turf -- for ease of maintenance, if nothing else.

2 questions tho...are they ever gonna build it? I know they were having funding issues even before the economy tanked (although it would create a HELL of a lot of construction and associated jobs).

And by the bay?? I thought they were going to build it in the Murph's lot (similar to how they did Invesco).

I've been following the stadium news ever since the Chargers' first proposal 7 or 8 years ago. Most probably locations for the new Chargers Stadium as of today:

1. Downtown (near 10th ave terminal / Petco Park / Convention Center)

2. Current Site (SDSU wants to expand their campus there)

3. Oceanside (municipal airport in the way)

4. Chula Vista Bayfront (power plant has to be taken down)

Edited by uberon