If Lucas Oil was a Bust...

Biggest PAID audiences in DCI history: Buffalo and New England.

How about going where the customers are?

Call me crazy...

(and 2-7 can do that reunion thing again...would that be ok?)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My criteria is easy - a great stadium with great accoustics trumps all else, followed by the atmosphere of the city, the climate, and other things to do when not at the shows.

That said, then, only using places we've been since 88:

1. Denver

2. Madison

3. Kansas City

4. Bloomington

5. Buffalo

6. Pasadena

7. DC/College Park, MD

8. Foxborough

9. Orlando

10. Dallas

11. Indy/LOS

12. Jackson (yes, only awful Jackson gets edged by an indoor stadium)

Two I would like to see tried: San Diego & Nashville

Harvey

Edited by TexasPRfan

Biggest PAID audiences in DCI history: Buffalo and New England.

How about going where the customers are?

Call me crazy...

(and 2-7 can do that reunion thing again...would that be ok?)

Where do you get such information btw? Just curious is all.

As much as I'd like to see DCI Finals in San Diego... I don't think Qualcomm is a good stadium for it. I'd wait a few years til the Chargers get their new stadium :) Drum Corps by the bay!

newaerial.jpg

Ok....now if THAT'S what the Chargers are going to get, I'll amend my recommendation! besides, you KNOW they'll put in turf -- for ease of maintenance, if nothing else.

2 questions tho...are they ever gonna build it? I know they were having funding issues even before the economy tanked (although it would create a HELL of a lot of construction and associated jobs).

And by the bay?? I thought they were going to build it in the Murph's lot (similar to how they did Invesco).

Where do you get such information btw? Just curious is all.

I am an all knowing sage.

(actually, they were published by dci...I will look for a link so you, too, can be "in the know")

Ftgg.

Edited by 3rd_Star_Brigade

here

osu-stadium-640.jpg

Will that place give me a noosebleed? lol J/K Ohio is pretty centrally located...what's to do in the area?

Fed Ex Field, Washington, DC- DCI needs money. Dan Snyder the owner loves money. Fed Ex has more seat crammed between the 35 yard lines than any stadium in professional sports. 40,000+ on the concert side. Plus I get first option for special events. Can you say Party in the luxury Box! :unhappy: Lots of hotels. Great sights, free museums, Lots of great places to eat!

Were you around in 2000 when DCI was supposed to be held at FedEx Field, but Dan Snyder bought the team over that winter and basically screwed DCI? That's why DCI ended up at College Park instead. Something tells me Dan and DCI won't be negotiating anytime in the future.

I think Bloomington would be the best choice from a logistical standpoint, at least for 2010 and perhaps 2011. This way, all of those who planned for things to be Indy really do not have to alter things very much, if at all, for the short move to Bloomington. Fans would also have the choice of staying/flying into Indy, or going to Bloomington. It's not a rough ride between the two if they choose to do so, as I did it last year. DCI could also consider running "fan buses" for a small fee (which would be less than parking in Indy) from Indy to Bloomington. Indy would get a "consolation" in the fact that they would still have some people staying and visiting there for another year or two.

The stadium in Bloomington sounded great and was a perfect drum corps venue. The move there would also give DCI time to decide what they wish to do after 2011.

I can say that if DCI turns a deaf ear to the complaints, and goes back to Lucas, I won't be making the trip.......

GB