If Lucas Oil was a Bust...

I think the first one in the rotation was Jackson, and after that disaster, suddenly the rotation list vanished....never to be seen again...lol

well DCI did get a new director the next year, even if he didnt last long. I've often wondered why....perhaps too business focused and not enough field focused?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fed Ex Field, Washington, DC- DCI needs money. Dan Snyder the owner loves money. Fed Ex has more seat crammed between the 35 yard lines than any stadium in professional sports. 40,000+ on the concert side. Plus I get first option for special events. Can you say Party in the luxury Box! :unhappy: Lots of hotels. Great sights, free museums, Lots of great places to eat!

Madison= Drum Corps

Orlando- Micky, Lots of hotels, Lots to do during non drum corps time.

Las Vegas- Babes, Boxing and Bugles!

Just throwing this out there - TCF Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, MN.

TCF Bank Stadium Photo Gallery

PROS:

It is brand spanking new, great location, parking should be ok, plenty of hotels & good priced hotels, cooler weather, it is NOT domed, plenty of places (schools/colleges) in the area to be able to have Div II/III, I mean Open Class Quarters/Semis, center of the country, so everyone could go, not much residential to have to worry about...

CONS:

It has not been tested yet for big events like this, outdoors, I believe it is a synthetic/grass blend, possible parking issues for some, I am sure that there are others that I am not thinking of yet also.

WOW...that is a beautiful stadium...the untested part I see as really the only con. Doesn't seem to far out of the way for corps to travel either.

Nashville Titans stadium (although im a pats fan) nashville is 30 min nirth of murfreesboro so close by haha, um its music city (catchy isnt it) and I think there needs to be a change up rather than the major places up north where theve had them in past, though I will say, there is quite a bit of aluminum and steel that makes it up (been there with my dad he's a titans fan) but the basic floor and what not is concrete, I guess its the same way a lucus oil field?

Back to Bloomington.

But Nashville would be a good location as well. Major city (I think Nashville is bigger than Indy), it's in the south without being TOO far south, plenty of parking I believe, and a great stadium. I think all that you'd really have to search for is an open class venue.

http://prod.static.titans.clubs.nfl.com/as...ium/stadium.gif

for those of you who dont know football here is a picture, anyways, that or memphis

http://mall.ballparks.com/images/normal_memphis_17_8626.jpg

Memphis's stadium for more noneducated football fans, believe me its something to march there, did it my freshman year in high school. Practically the whole first part was filled up

Memphis's stadium for more noneducated football fans, believe me its something to march there, did it my freshman year in high school. Practically the whole first part was filled up

Yeah, there's no place I'd rather been for four days during the dog days of summer than in the Deep South.

May be a great stadium, but the climate is an issue.

I love that stadium. And the tunnel too. Great warm up lots right there, plenty of parking, I believe. A great stadium for drum corps. As for the weather, well, I honestly think people should just get over the weather. If you want rotating finals sites, you'll have to deal with some unpleasant sites weather-wise occasionally.

Well let's just discuss them all. First let's start with all of the NFL stadiums and weigh their pros and cons.

Giants Stadium, E. Rutherford NJ - Pros: Artificial turf and plenty of parking Cons: old, very expensive area to stay for a number of days.

Gillette Stadium, Foxboro MA - Pros: Nice stadium, newer, artificial turf now that DCI killed the grass Cons: $25 parking, that #### elevator, expensive area

Land Shark Stadium, Miami FL Pros: Nice stadium, slightly dated, excellent natural surface Cons: Marlins still play there, and it's in Miami...NO

Ralph Wilson Stadium, Buffalo NY Pros: Hosted DCI Finals 3 times. Great parking Cons: It's in Buffalo...how the #### do you get to Buffalo?

Cleveland Stadium, Cleveland OH Pros: New stadium, Rock and Roll HOF Cons: Lake winds, natural grass, Cleveland Rocks? Hmm no

Heinz Field, Pittsburgh PA Pros: New stadium, excellent sight lines Cons: Natural grass, worst turf in the NFL

M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore MD Pros: Newish stadium, artificial turf, mid-atlantic area appealing to north and south. Cons: Lack of parking perhaps in downtown Baltimore

Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinatti OH Pros: Newish stadium, aritifical turf, midwest locale Cons: Proximity to the interstate (noise) What is there to see in Cincy?

Jacksonville Mun. Stadium Jacksonville FL Pros: ummm Cons: Why not just go back to Orlando? It's in FL, it's grass, it rains alot. The Super Bowl doesn't even want to go back there.

LP Stadium, Nashville TN Pros: Great location, excellent stadium, MUSIC CITY Cons: Semi-south, natural grass,

Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis IN Pros: Great A/C! Nice downtown Cons: ECHO echo echo echo

Reliant Stadium, Houston TX Pros: Retractable roof, drainage! Cons: Retractable roof! HOT! Natural grass

Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City MO Pros: 2 very successful DCI Finals, Central location, excellent parking Cons: Natural grass

Invesco Field, Denver CO Pros: Apparently everything Cons: Natural grass

Oakland Coliseum, Oakland CA Pros: Excellent seating on the opposite side Cons: grass, Oakland A's still play there. oh and it's in Oakland

Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego CA Pros: San Diego weather, parking Cons: grass, older stadium with bad sight lines, large distance between fans and field

hells to the yes!