Teal Sound

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm sure WW are on the way...

They can't be stupid enough to think that woodwinds would be a GOOD addition I've marched 1 year and I get that

Hey... they were stupid enough to let in microphones, amplifiers, synthesizers, guitars, and b-flat instruments. And many of the same people who made those decisions are still on the board of directors. So unless these people have been taking double-doses of Omega-3 fish oil every day, to improve their mental acuity, don't expect them to get any smarter.

They will approve of WWs next year. Or perhaps the year afterwards, if someone on the board can come up with an objection this year.

Then, I will guarantee you, that someone will do Brubeck's Take Five next year. But it won't be the sreaming version that Blue Devils did in 2003 for their closer. It will be some guy with an amped saxophone, pretending to be Paul Desmond. It will be so disappointing, I will probably break down and cry, in the middle of LOS. :lol:

You mean like feeding their members?

Couldn't be that. Teal had a nutritionist plan the meal program for the summer, and it was executed very well. The kids and staff not only had plenty to eat, it was outstanding (and I don't say that lightly). I have no problem standing up and saying that Teal Sound ate as well or better than just about any drum corps on the road.

Care to try again?

John , I will back you up on that. We had Phyllis with us during RIPTIDE this winter and my kids and staff were the best fed and well nutritioned and hydrated group I had ever been associated with. She made sure we had the proper breakfast, lunches snacks and dinners....and if we ran low on the cash, she took care of it and we reimbursed.

If her son goes elsewhere, we will sorely miss her contribution to us.!!

so not fed... uhuh! Hey look at Guzman.. he is well nourished !! :lol:

You mean like feeding their members?

Say what? That's the first I'm hearing of this. I guess that's why I got so thin last year...

so not fed... uhuh! Hey look at Guzman.. he is well nourished !! :lol:

:worthy::worthy:

Couldn't be that. Teal had a nutritionist plan the meal program for the summer, and it was executed very well. The kids and staff not only had plenty to eat, it was outstanding (and I don't say that lightly). I have no problem standing up and saying that Teal Sound ate as well or better than just about any drum corps on the road.

Care to try again?

I'll stand next to John on this one. Great food all summer long!!! And all healthy too!!!(coming from an Exercise Science major)

What if the haters go away - and stop buying tickets, stop buying merchandise, stop paying tour fees, and stop cutting donation checks?

Randy can run his drum corps any way he wants to. If he can manage to keep his corps on tour and pay the bills, good for him. He will not see a dime of my money, so long as they continue to put on shows like the one I saw last Saturday. Period.

I will never buy a piece of Teal merchandise, or cut them a donation check. And if my son wants to march Teal someday, he will have to work a couple of summers at the Dairy Queen, to pay for it.

I simply cannot abide what passes from drum corps today. Appauling. A rock band fronting for a drum corps? Outrageous.

WOW, you are Selfish. One season did this to you? This Activity is more about that Members than the fans. I've been involved with some bad seasons. Kiwanis Kavaliers 05, Cadets 06, But I was there for the members, not for you. Thats why I do what I do. I WANT DRUM CORPS TO SURVIVE. If your son wanted to march Teal you wouldn't encourage him to march? A true fan wouldn't care where his Son marched, as long as he did.

I don't even care if I get banned from DCP.

Randy is a great guy. Run's a great Corps with a great staff. Best thing going in FL. (I am excluding Boston Crusaders because they aren't from Florida, just do camps here. kinda like baseball.)

PS. Great job this summer Teal Sound. I am glad I got to see you a few times. Hopefully I will see you more next summer!