Teal Sound

I honestly didn't expect it to work as well as it did. The rock band was used for flavor, indeed, but I never felt it was intrusive.

it was very intrusive in the parking lot in Erie,...............corps were trying to warm up, tune, etc, and Teal's rock band was blairing some sort of goth-emo-counter-culture crap that had absolutely nothing to do with their show,..............just to be annoying,.................our entire corps had to relocate just to get away from the totally unrelated noise,.............. :tongue:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was very intrusive in the parking lot in Erie,...............corps were trying to warm up, tune, etc, and Teal's rock band was blairing some sort of goth-emo-counter-culture crap that had absolutely nothing to do with their show,..............just to be annoying,.................our entire corps had to relocate just to get away from the totally unrelated noise,.............. :tongue:

Gary,

FYI, We had been asked by the TEP for Emberlake to play at that show prior to the show start and were given the location by them as well. No other corps seemed to have an issue with it. Also, the music they were playing was rock and not as you have stated above. We, in know way, were trying to be annoying, just following the directions that we were given.

Randy W Blackburn

Director - Teal Sound Drum & Bugle Corps

Gary,

FYI, We had been asked by the TEP for Emberlake to play at that show prior to the show start and were given the location by them as well. No other corps seemed to have an issue with it. Also, the music they were playing was rock and not as you have stated above. We, in know way, were trying to be annoying, just following the directions that we were given.

Randy W Blackburn

Director - Teal Sound Drum & Bugle Corps

What or who is the "TEP for Emberlake"

What or who is the "TEP for Emberlake"

TEP stands for Tour Event Partner, or the one that runs the show. Emberlake is the name of the band that toured with us this summer.

TEP stands for Tour Event Partner, or the one that runs the show. Emberlake is the name of the band that toured with us this summer.

I am the secretary of board of LEF, the one that runs the show...............I can assure you that no one ever brought up the idea of having Emberlake wail pre-show rock music to me,.....................our corps didn't complain, because we are polite,............

This is probably something that needs to go off line ! throwing stones in these forums does nothing for anyone.

Are you serious???? You claim to run the show and you are not aware of what a TEP is? Are you totally sure you even have the slighest clue as to what was asked of The Teal Sound? Also as an FYI Ray Luniewski is the TEP for the Lake Erie Fanfare, you might want to make sure that you are not speaking out of line and making claims of Teal acting without permission. I can assure you that I PERSONALLY know that Teal Sound was asked to play, and was even showed EXACTLY where to set up, I can assure you of this because I was there, I spoke to the TEP and I was present when they showed us the area to set up....

This is probably something that needs to go off line ! throwing stones in these forums does nothing for anyone.

Thanks Vic. I asked Mr. Matczak to call me or email me in regards to this matter. You are correct, no need to throw stones on here towards any drum corps. We were just simply following instructions given to us.

i sisnt see em live, just online. like more and more in the activity today, what I saw wasn't what I want to see, but you can not deny the kids performed the hell out of it.

and Teal is that one corps that is building their organization the right way