Best Undefeated Corps

What is the Best Undefeated Corps in the DCI Era?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Best Undefeated Corps in the DCI Era?

• 1982 Blue Devils
    • 1994 Blue Devils
    • 2000 Cadets
    • 2002 Cavaliers
    • 2009 Blue Devils

What a bunch of homers here. Unlike y'all, I voted for the corps I thought was best, not the one I liked best.

And that would be Cavies 2002. It's irrelevant what competition they faced in 2002. March Cavies 2002 against the other undefeated corps, and the judges (from any era) would pick Cavies as the clear winner because the show was superior in both demand and execution.

As for my favorite undefeated, that's easy: Cadets 2000.

HH

I have to disagree with this...I feel like their biggest strength was DESIGN, not demand, execution was a close second (for better or for worse). The brass was outstanding but the percussion was out played and I would even argue that the guard was not the best on finals night. Their show design certainly took the activity in a new direction and led to their dominating run through pretty much '06. Trying not to be biased, I feel a couple groups on the list would execute a little better.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty Self Explanatory.

Blue Devils A and B 2009

great analysis of 82.

I was talking 94 tho :doh:

Terrible analysis of 1982, and not factual. Both Scouts and Regiment had powerhouse soild shows, SCV was outstanding and Garfield , although still emerging was a solid corps.

No, being there throughout that year, every time anyone of these corps took the field, it was magical that BD just came and wiped 'em up and that more dazzling knowing they beat four great, title worthy corps.

G

The fact that 82 BD is the only undefeated DCI corps under the tick system speaks for itself, imo.

Cadet 2000 were undefeated. A tie is not a loss. But, yeah, it's not the same as winning every show.

75 Madison? - everyone knows Muchachos won prelims :doh:

Edited by vferrera

I voted BD '82.

But after watching 94 a few times, I almost regret it.

1982 was great and all, but '94... Idk, can't really describe it.

ok...now wait a minute....now a show is constituted as a corps getting a check????????????

Hey all you Open Class corps...STOP RIGHT NOW. End it. Don't you ever perform a competition again because it doesn't exist if you don't get a check.

This is absurd.

You're right, my bad. What was I thinking? Of course that wasn't an undefeated season for Madison. I think there were one or two parades that were judged in '75 that Madison didn't win either. Sheesh!! Boy is my face red!!!

dup

Edited by Scerpella

Maybe this is why DCM folded....we know the real reason now. It's because so many shows didn't give out trophies in later years. Man, if we would have only known...it was the trophies keeping DCM alive.

This is an absurd statement. Comedy is not your thing, best to stay away from it.

If you add '75 Madison you'd have to add '77 Blue Devils. They only lost one time all year...at DCI West prelims.

I dont know what others have been reading, but Devils 77 was billed as an undefeated season for as long as I can remember.

If it makes some of you happy, consider 75 Madison, 77 Devils, and 83 Garfield as undefeated seasons, just not perfect seasons.

Edited by Scerpella