Madison Scouts 2010

I do not seeing a Star Trek themed show getting this corps into finals next year. Sorry.

And why's that?

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not seeing a Star Trek themed show getting this corps into finals next year. Sorry.

Worked for Blue Knights - I loved that show and the "Klignon" rifles

Worked for Blue Knights - I loved that show and the "Klignon" rifles

I am going to beg to differ that it "worked" :thumbup:

I think you are talking about Paul Rennick. Colin McNutt is an east coast UMass guy.

Paul Rennick could easily run for president of Texas if they ever decided to secede from the union.

Thanks! I had heard that the 2006 d line had a lot of Texans that went with CM to Cadets when he left. It could be a west coast misinterpretation!

Thanks! I had heard that the 2006 d line had a lot of Texans that went with CM to Cadets when he left. It could be a west coast misinterpretation!

That might be the case but UNT and Paul Rennick pretty much define Texas drumlines although I'm sure there are people from Texas in just about any corps with the amount of quality drummers that come from that state.

Boy O Boy, is this going to be a very long offseason for alot of people here on DCP. You would think we had just took 25th out of 22 corps. No people, the world is not about to stop revolving because of the 2009 season. Good job guys by the way, I enjoyed what you put on the field, not my favorite, but good try. Back in 86 we kinda went through the same thing, we just did not have the internet to deal with. I still wear my patch upsidedown for my own personal reasons! Could you see S.S. these days having to fend off all the arm chair drumcorps people. He would have freaked on you all. What this Corps needs is consistancy, no need to get rid of such and such, no need to change this and that. Positive consistancy. I think we all as a group need to be a little more prepared for 2010. Everyone! Top to bottom. And we need to start now if we are ever going to turn this around. No more pointing fingers, that does nothing for no one. I say we to everyone because the basics of this Corps has always been the Corps, the staff, the volunteers, the alums and the FANS. And from what I see on here we have alot of them, and that is great. Now, whats next? Me personally, I am moving my schedule around to be at the next board meeting to get a little insite on our last year, what everyone is doing to improve on our product, and am reaching into my wallet to throw some hard earned cash I have made this summer into our coffers. Even if it is only a dollar, everyone counts. Even my son wants to give the 50 cents he found this weekend, and this is a start. It is not much but it is something. I double dare each and every one of you to do the same. We are all part of this group called the Madison Scouts. I am sick and tired of hearing about the demise of our Corps, sick and tired of it. I plan on doing a little more than b------g here on DCP. If you all have some positive thoughts about what we can do to be a better Drum Corps I am sure this is the place to post it. If all you have to say is we need a new this and new that then keep that to yourself at least they are here trying to turn this ship around. And they will! I guarantee it.

Peace!

Jason a Proud Madison Scout Alum!

Boy O Boy, is this going to be a very long offseason for alot of people here on DCP. You would think we had just took 25th out of 22 corps. No people, the world is not about to stop revolving because of the 2009 season. Good job guys by the way, I enjoyed what you put on the field, not my favorite, but good try. Back in 86 we kinda went through the same thing, we just did not have the internet to deal with. I still wear my patch upsidedown for my own personal reasons! Could you see S.S. these days having to fend off all the arm chair drumcorps people. He would have freaked on you all. What this Corps needs is consistancy, no need to get rid of such and such, no need to change this and that. Positive consistancy. I think we all as a group need to be a little more prepared for 2010. Everyone! Top to bottom. And we need to start now if we are ever going to turn this around. No more pointing fingers, that does nothing for no one. I say we to everyone because the basics of this Corps has always been the Corps, the staff, the volunteers, the alums and the FANS. And from what I see on here we have alot of them, and that is great. Now, whats next? Me personally, I am moving my schedule around to be at the next board meeting to get a little insite on our last year, what everyone is doing to improve on our product, and am reaching into my wallet to throw some hard earned cash I have made this summer into our coffers. Even if it is only a dollar, everyone counts. Even my son wants to give the 50 cents he found this weekend, and this is a start. It is not much but it is something. I double dare each and every one of you to do the same. We are all part of this group called the Madison Scouts. I am sick and tired of hearing about the demise of our Corps, sick and tired of it. I plan on doing a little more than b------g here on DCP. If you all have some positive thoughts about what we can do to be a better Drum Corps I am sure this is the place to post it. If all you have to say is we need a new this and new that then keep that to yourself at least they are here trying to turn this ship around. And they will! I guarantee it.

Peace!

Jason a Proud Madison Scout Alum!

Finally!

Glad you said that, since I never marched with the Scouts so I can't really speak with any authority on the subject but I'm glad to hear something positive coming from the inside. I'm committing myself to finding some way of helping the corps even if I have to eat peanut butter and jelly for 2 weeks again...though I hope it doesn't come to that, last time it was pretty gross by the end.

Well said Jason - great post! I will be digging deeper into

my wallet as well...Lord knows I could lose a few pounds around

the mid section by spending less on food and more on Madison.

But I'm going even further than Zentropa - I'm eating Ramen for 2 weeks! :thumbup: