Mini Corps Championships....who will take second?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, let's not leave out the Capital Brass! We're coming to kick some brass and have some fun and drinks while we're at it! I'm über pumped up to see everyone, especially some friends in other groups that I went to college with. See y'all there!

Hey, let's not leave out the Capital Brass! We're coming to kick some brass and have some fun and drinks while we're at it! I'm über pumped up to see everyone, especially some friends in other groups that I went to college with. See y'all there!

Knock em dead Andrew. Best of luck to Capital Brass! :thumbup:

Just saw the dress rehearsal for Star United. They have a very nice drum corps. :thumbup:

No surprise there, we've come to expect nothing less from Star.

See you next weekend..... :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing Mass Brass, Golden Eagles, MCL.

I'm especially interested in Ghost Riders this year. Based on some YouTubage, I think the group from Parts Unknown may be quietly moving into position to shock the world.

Safe travels everyone!!

Hannibel.jpg

Since everyone feels they know who will win the 2009 DCA Mini Corps title, who do YOU think will take second??

Feel free to discuss.....

For the record, when I saw mini corps in 2007 I had 2 groups above Star. Yours was one of them. Why? Because those 2 groups ENTERTAINED, had tons of solos and took chances.

Star? What did they have, a 10 second solo at that time? They were technically tight and squeaky clean but IMO failed to entertain. Do I think they had the talent to do a GREAT entertaining show? Probably. But they took NO such chances. They stood there like robots and executed perfectly and unemmotionally. It worked. They won that night.

Just my .000153 cents(thats 2cents adjusted for inflation and w/o any stimulus yet :rolleyes:

For the record, when I saw mini corps in 2007 I had 2 groups above Star. Yours was one of them. Why? Because those 2 groups ENTERTAINED, had tons of solos and took chances.

Star? What did they have, a 10 second solo at that time? They were technically tight and squeaky clean but IMO failed to entertain. Do I think they had the talent to do a GREAT entertaining show? Probably. But they took NO such chances. They stood there like robots and executed perfectly and unemmotionally. It worked. They won that night.

Just my .000153 cents(thats 2cents adjusted for inflation and w/o any stimulus yet :rolleyes:

Why do you think that one person playing constitutes taking a chance? It seems to me that having your ensemble playing more is taking more of a chance, no? Just mathematically.

Fortunately the other contestants and the judges seem to get it - I don't hear Mr Ponzo, Strutta, or Allen complaining about the results.

For the rest of us, we're fans - we like who we like - when they decide the show by applause we'll have more to talk about, perhaps. (Perhaps not).

I'm having flashback to last September's mini-corps war....