THOUGHTS ON 12-22

Edited by jeffsnewjetta

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see Madison be more MANLY. I've notice over the years as they embraced danced they have become more feminine in thier movement. I hated the guard show this year. They were supposed to be hero's and I laughed everytime they showed them on the screen. They didn't even dance this year they pranced around.

I want them to go back into the in your face mode of decades past.

Sir...I dont care who the staff is at Pioneer...the kids get a good drum corps education. They get to the level that they are able to get to, because of the existing staff and the care they show to the kids. We give kids with NO experience a chance in WORLD CLASS.

Your comment is incorrect. I would love to see you out there teaching this corps and then say the same thing.

Donny

Pioneer - They are a decent Open Class corps that travels around all Summer and never gets to respectable level. The Pioneer brass guy can make all the excuses about electronics he needs to, but the bottom line is the corps finishes each year at the spot their staff brings them to.

Seriously? :throwupen:

According to you, every corps that didn't make finals laid a huge egg on the field all summer. Give me a break.

Armchair coaches on these threads kill me...

Dude, you crack me up. From your posts on a previous discussion board that is now dead due to overt bashing and just icky BS in my opinion, to this board, you post A LOT and usually have your "facts" wrong, or at least your opinions based on unsupported conjecture.

Agreeing with a previous poster, "Dust in the Wind" was very recognizable yet different and inventive. The closer "Journey from Mariabronn" was also very recognizable, if you know the tune. Since you claim to have all the box sets, I assume you know this, certainly since it is one of the group's favorites.

The closer hit all the major points and the melodies were pretty much straight up in the arrangement.

Though "Point of Know Return" was listed early with other rep, it wasn't used. That is why you don't recognize it. I think the opener ended up being just "Song for America" and "Carry On". Again, if you know the band, you know these tunes. Beginning of the show was very recognizable as "Song For America" and then clearly "Carry On" beginning with the bari solo and mellos.

I agree the opener wavered too much and lost direction, however, you cannot say, as a Kansas fan, that you "cant recognize the songs." The ballad and closer were more than obvious.

I never though the corps was trying to be "cool" for the sake of being cool. I thought they were trying to not be a copy cat cookie cutter corps. Some things worked, some did not.

Sir...I dont care who the staff is at Pioneer...the kids get a good drum corps education. They get to the level that they are able to get to, because of the existing staff and the care they show to the kids. We give kids with NO experience a chance in WORLD CLASS.

Your comment is incorrect. I would love to see you out there teaching this corps and then say the same thing.

Donny

:throwupen::peek::peek::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Look...every one is entitled to their opinion of course. But when I sat through winter camps of 22 horns and 6 color guard in wonder if it would get better, then taught 12 horns through the first 2 weeks of everydays, hoping that we would fill out to the numbers we wrote for...I didnt give up and either did these kids. We got up every morning and taught the kids that were there, spent my visual blocks on the phone keeping after prospective new members, and just kept at it. Finally one week before we hit the road, we had 40 horns and close to a full drum line.

I believe that the present staff has enough care for the organization to keep the ball rolling in the right direction. We have stopped the bleeding and most of last year's kids say they will return. With that in mind, maybe all of the armchair quarterbacks will take another look at a corps that keeps on trying no matter what.

Donny