....[/quote

Edited by donnymusic

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edited by jeffsnewjetta

Edited by jeffsnewjetta

Admitttedly and unexpectedly a little flat in Allentown was Pioneer. After the rehearsals we had been having in St. Clair and the warm ups prior to the show, truthfully I was expecting more pizzazz from the corps. I guess they saw the crowd and didnt quite do the emotional job I was hoping for. But there is much more than just that as you know. Another problem with electronics is that I had to leave them way before they entered the stadium to get up top to do the mixing from the judges view. i dont know what happened between the warmups and show gate. However, people seem to forget the amount of what compared to corps in the same neighborhood. Cascades were much safer than Pioneer based on many views and my biased opinion LOL.

At quarter finals my kids werent flat at all. Just young...

DA

Edited by donnymusic

Wow.....Very little positive feedback to kids who worked so hard.

Someone either needs to give the critic side a chill pill and try enjoying the show.

(Spirit's arrangement of Dust in the Wind was pretty close to the original, If they had done Carry On My Waywayrd son too much closer, you would be accusing them of being a college band, I bet.)

Edited by Danielle

Those are usually the same alumni who never supported the corps when they were giving them what they wanted to hear. While I personally agree with many of the complaints about the shows since 2007, I have no sympathy for those people. Every year my wife and I get people claiming to be alumni at east coast shows who come to our trailer and say "You took my corps away from me." We tell them, "We've never seen you at any alumni events, we've never seen your name on lists of donors, and we've never seen you volunteer." These are the people who said they wouldn't support the corps because they hated George until 2006, then changed their tune to hating Texas after 2007. I take their words well salted.

WELL SAID.

CHEZ

Edited by jeffsnewjetta

What about the rest of 12-22. did you try that hard to enjoy those shows and only come up with this negative feedback? If so, you may need to find a different hobby than watching drum corps

Based on one viewing...

Hang in there. When I hit that Powerball jackpot the first check I'll write is to you good people in Milwaukee. OK maybe not the first check, but the second. At least one of the first 10. Or so. But you'll be there, for sure. My only string attached will be this: Don't you ever EVER stop your tradition of trooping the stands and playing Gary Owen. I love that.

Hang in there. When I hit that Powerball jackpot the first check I'll write is to you good people in Milwaukee. OK maybe not the first check, but the second. At least one of the first 10. Or so. But you'll be there, for sure. My only string attached will be this: Don't you ever EVER stop your tradition of trooping the stands and playing Gary Owen. I love that.

I loved trooping the stands while playing G.O.! :throwupen: