DCA TV spot now online

Glen

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other observation I have is really a question: Why original music and not sound bites of the corps with their video clips? Is it to give a more 'professional' soundtrack behind the voice-over? Just curious. I see the corps, the guards/auxiliaries, the drumlines (Featured nicely and prominently, I might add!), but if I were not involved in corps, I'd have no idea what the corps themselves sounded like.

I could be wrong but I think the answer to your question is possible legal

issues. If DCA used sound clips from the corps wouldn't they (DCA) be responsible

to pay for permission from the authors to use the clips? Also since it's an advertisement

wouldn't they have to pay every time the commercial airs?

I agree with you, I would rather hear the corps themselves but that might not be practical.

That commercial made me think about how there aren't a lot of shakos left in DCA :cool:

Great commercial!

Bill R said:

"I could be wrong but I think the answer to your question is possible legal

issues. If DCA used sound clips from the corps wouldn't they (DCA) be responsible

to pay for permission from the authors to use the clips? Also since it's an advertisement

I agree with you, I would rather hear the corps themselves but that might not be practical."

I thought about that afterwards also. I suppose that the royalty issue is a major consideration. Still, if you are trying to attract new fans from among the uninitiated, they might be more intrigued hearing the actual corps' sound. After all, isn't that who a TV spot is aimed at?

i can not find a fault with it at all.

bravo, well done and encore

Way to go, ladies and gentlemen.

looks like fun...what's that phone number?

perfect

Bill R said:

"I could be wrong but I think the answer to your question is possible legal

I agree with you, I would rather hear the corps themselves but that might not be practical."

I thought about that afterwards also. I suppose that the royalty issue is a major consideration. Still, if you are trying to attract new fans from among the uninitiated, they might be more intrigued hearing the actual corps' sound. After all, isn't that who a TV spot is aimed at?

Well it's a 30 second spot. Every two seconds when the shot changes you would change the music?That would sound great. Or would you just put one Corps playing in the background? I bet you wouldn't have much complaining over that lol God help Lee if he didn't pick(your) the right corps. Great job Lee and thanks!