PR Mello Line

I don't like the timbre in PR's mello line. It is a lot closer to a trumpet sound, like the soloist in 08. I like crown's mello sound much more.

Crown's mellos and PR's mellos have only one difference .....

PR knows where the edge is because they go looking for it. There's no difference in the quality of sound or intonation. They're both superb.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now imagine PR's lines are just as loud and ballsy as all the G line mello's. Can you imagine if an entire hornline were that monstrous? Like not so long ago?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...

Last Saturday at finals I was grinning ear-to-ear when PR's mellos hit that high note in the push in the closer. :tongue:

Just throwing it out there, Blue Knights mellos this year were ripping some high notes as well.

You're kidding right? That sounded like a trumpet to you?....

It is just the sound that PR goes for. It isn't bad, it just isn't what I like. I mean, it didn't sound like a trumpet, but it was closer to it.

The problem is, the mellophone is NOT a french horn. Its more similar to a trumpet than it is to a french horn.

Trying to always play with gross edge is not the way to play a mellophone.

It's not the way to play French horn, either. Come to think of it, that's not the way to play (fill in name of any brass instrument here).

People that don't want the mellos cutting through... obviously aren't mellophone players. :tongue: