Madison Scouts Announce Jim Prime as Music Arranger and Designer

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry, BS will be fine~

Im not worried. lol.

I was just making a general observation about DCP in general. People go overboard on the hype in the offseason (i think just about every corps is projected to have their best season ever and make a lot of noise in DCI during the offseason), and also people go overboard on the negative side. Not a madison or a blue stars thing. Just is what it is. (fwiw, i think its awesome whats coming to madison. im all about having more great shows, and this move very well could bring that.)People also tend to take comments and get hyper-defensive of their favorite corps, if everything isnt sunshine and rainbows.

Edited by alarson83

Any idea how the Scouts are planning on paying for all this staff?

Seriously, this talent doesn't come cheap, and Jimbo doesn't have Uncle Bill's deep pockets to draw from anymore.

Chuck Norris will provide. One must have faith.

I'm sure all that's been taken care of. I know people on here love to opine about how they THINK things happen, but this current admin and board have shown that their first focus is financial solvency. There's no reason to think that these announcements change that focus in any way.

Agreed....they wouldn't be doing this if they didn't feel they (Scouts) had their financial act together. Great moves...and great for recruiting!

Towards both ends, really. A lot of overhype and a lot of overly negative.

Especially where Scouts are concerned.

PS- calling all former Star staff. The next plane to Madison leaves in 20 minutes. Be on it.

If one applies the minimum of critical thought to your question, could you even begin to conclude that the issue of finances hasn't been addressed by the powers that be? But maybe that's why we're here doing the "arm chair" thing while others much smarter then us are actually involved in the weighty mechanics of how business, etc run.

Your concern though is easily handled by clicking on the "donate" button on the main page at Madison's web site!

Well, let's try this again. Madison has never appeared to be an organization that is flush with extra cash. In fact, as recently as a few years ago they were very vocally

claiming to be in dire financial straits. So, what has changed? Has there been some miraculous one time infusion of cash by a generous benefactor? Have they found a new and novel source of funding? Or are they simply rolling the dice and hoping that by bringing in a top team of instructors that the money and the talent that have been lacking will somehow follow?

If the model of paying for this staff is by hoping that the kind folks of DCP are going to click on the magic donate button on Madison's web site...good luck.

Hey Karen! Long time no chat..... :thumbup:

I think there are some "deep pockets" that you referred to in a previous post that now might be a gracious benefactor of the Scouts organization. I don't know this for a fact, but trust the source. I hope that answers your question. If you need further info, I will be happy to respond to a PM but not in a public forum.

Well, let's try this again. Madison has never appeared to be an organization that is flush with extra cash. In fact, as recently as a few years ago they were very vocally

claiming to be in dire financial straits. So, what has changed? Has there been some miraculous one time infusion of cash by a generous benefactor? Have they found a new and novel source of funding? Or are they simply rolling the dice and hoping that by bringing in a top team of instructors that the money and the talent that have been lacking will somehow follow?

If the model of paying for this staff is by hoping that the kind folks of DCP are going to click on the magic donate button on Madison's web site...good luck.

Your cynicism is duly noted. However your statement that "Madison has never appeared to be an organization that is flush with extra cash" is merely false. I believe that when Scott left, the corps was over $500K in the black. The corps had some issues in recent years, yes...but that was not the case prior. The last few years have been an anomaly over the course of their history. It took some shakeups for that to begin to change, and as of 2007 it slowly, yet steadily, HAS begun to change. Things still aren't perfect, but they are moving in the right direction. There are good people in place with good business heads on their shoulders. I firmly believe that everything is already in place to make this new partnership happen.

If you're still genuinely concerned, you're more than welcome to inquire with the corps office on monday morning or PM Chris Komnick to ask directly. I'm sure he will have no problem addressing your concerns.

Edit: In addition, lest we all forget...just because everything isn't laid out for us here on a nice little platter DOESN'T mean that people don't know what they're doing. We're all prone to jumping to conclusions...myself included. However, even though they aren't tipping their hand publicly, we can expect that with a partnership of this caliber, things are definitely taken care of. :thumbup:

Edited by BigBadMadMan

:thumbup::thumbup::tongue::worthy::worthy::worthy:

If this doesn't fix what ails the Scouts, nothing will.

I loved the Jeff Moore era of Scouts percussion and would be thrilled if he returned.

They haven't even announced who'll be taking care of percussion yet :thumbup: