Madison Scouts Announce Jim Prime as Music Arranger and Designer

HOLY ####! :thumbup:

Good freaking Lord.

Jim Prime's arrangements on the field again.

Oh man. Jimmers arrangements on the field again.

I need to change my pants now.

Wow.

Go Scouts.

EPIC, WIN!!!

I love this team!!!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This turn of events can ONLY be great news not only for Madison but for DCI as a whole. This group of designers/organizers gets it! And in an era of innovation and pushing the envelop, this bunch has serious chops! My guess is that they're already refining ideas for integration of electronics, vertical movement, guard integration and dynamic musical scores. Word to the other corps designers: Pay attention, BD/Crown's battle for innovation in design has been joined! :thumbup: Welcome to the New Frontier! This is going to be FUN!

I'm actually hoping this will turn the tide away from the current musical direction back to something I will find truly interesting. It IS going to be fun.

are we over this yet ?

Nah, I think we need to rub the salt in the wounds of the haters a bit more. :thumbup:

But if it's getting to you already, better go pop a couple prozac...still got perc arranger/caption and guard caption to announce. :thumbup:

This topic ain't going anywhere for awhile. Lol

They haven't even announced who'll be taking care of percussion yet :thumbup:

Since everyone else so far has been with M.E.G., my guess is that the new percussion arranger will be Jeff Lee.

Maybe they'll be renamed the M.E.G. Scouts or announced as "the Madison Scouts in association with Mason Entertainment Group"! ...only kidding...

The problem is, there are 6 corps that were infinitely better than Madison in the top 6 last year.

I love this staff as much if not more than the next guy. But breaking the top 6 is no easy task.

Sure, its an easy task:

1. Design a great show (music and visual, by great designers)

2. Get great performers

3. Have great teachers teach the great performers

4. Perform such great show...well, GREAT!

Seems simple to me!

Go Scouts! Cant wait to see what comes of these changes!

Mike

Spartans '87

The Foundation Year

Well, let's try this again. Madison has never appeared to be an organization that is flush with extra cash. In fact, as recently as a few years ago they were very vocally

claiming to be in dire financial straits. So, what has changed? Has there been some miraculous one time infusion of cash by a generous benefactor? Have they found a new and novel source of funding? Or are they simply rolling the dice and hoping that by bringing in a top team of instructors that the money and the talent that have been lacking will somehow follow?

If the model of paying for this staff is by hoping that the kind folks of DCP are going to click on the magic donate button on Madison's web site...good luck.

According to Jethro and Ellie Mae, Uncle Jed is going to take care of things. That is..if Mr. Drysdale doesn't muck it all up for him.

"Hills that is...Swinnin' Pools...Movie Stars. Y'all come back now...here?

I'm a huge Jim Prime fan, and I'm excited that I'll get to hear a world class DCI corps performing his arrangements again. :)!

I'm a huge Jim Prime fan, and I'm excited that I'll get to hear a world class DCI corps performing his arrangements again. :)!

What, tired of hearing Rochester Crusaders be the only corps to play Jim Prime books recently? :thumbup: