How will Madison do in 2010 and 2011?

How will Madison do in 2010 and 2011?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Madison finish in 2010?

• 1st - 3rd
    • 4th - 6th
    • 7th - 9th
    • 10th - 12th
    • 13th - 15th
    • 16th or lower
  2. 2. Where will Madison finish in 2011?

• 1st - 3rd
    • 4th - 6th
    • 7th - 9th
    • 10th - 12th
    • 13th - 15th
    • 16th or lower

2010- 13-15

2011- 13-15

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly do you have against the Scouts. I have yet to EVER see you post something positive about them.

Not a thing. I was chatting with a few folks the other day about their recent additions and how they will most likely be a great thing. I just think it's going to take a bit longer to turn the Titanic around so to speak. All the corps that are currently in the 8-12 area have either been there for a while or have gotten there based on the better part of a decade of hard work and momentum building. If the Scouts are to be in, whose is going to be left without a chair when the music stops?

What I have a major issue with is folks who can't just relax and take the heat. I.E. just about every Madison Scout alumni who posts on this forum save two or three. You are all so sensitive that anytime somebody doesn't think the Scouts eat coal and #### diamonds, you start crying like a bunch of little girls. Get over it. Not everybody is a fan. And not everybody buys your mindless POW b.s. and the excessive over hype that populates your ranks every single off-season even though most of the evidence points to the contrary. Dann made some nice hires. Great. He's a close friend of mine. We talked about the Scouts at length at a wedding 2 weeks ago. Nothing too in-depth. I wasn't privy to anything inside. But some of you are ready to anoint them as high as 6th place for 2010. Get real.

The Scouts I like. The over sensitive alums I can do without.

Not a thing. I was chatting with a few folks the other day about their recent additions and how they will most likely be a great thing. I just think it's going to take a bit longer to turn the Titanic around so to speak. All the corps that are currently in the 8-12 area have either been there for a while or have gotten there based on the better part of a decade of hard work and momentum building. If the Scouts are to be in, whose is going to be left without a chair when the music stops?

What I have a major issue with is folks who can't just relax and take the heat. I.E. just about every Madison Scout alumni who posts on this forum save two or three. You are all so sensitive that anytime somebody doesn't think the Scouts eat coal and #### diamonds, you start crying like a bunch of little girls. Get over it. Not everybody is a fan. And not everybody buys your mindless POW b.s. and the excessive over hype that populates your ranks every single off-season even though most of the evidence points to the contrary. Dann made some nice hires. Great. He's a close friend of mine. We talked about the Scouts at length at a wedding 2 weeks ago. Nothing too in-depth. I wasn't privy to anything inside. But some of you are ready to anoint them as high as 6th place for 2010. Get real.

WOW dude, you have issues.

Yeah, I think annointing them 6th place for 2010 might be a bit unrealistic. I agree with you there.

But I don't think it's impossible either. They did make a huge jump from 14th to 8th back in 2003, so

anything is possible. I realize It's going to be extremely hard though with so many

other corps bringing out their "A" games.

I think with these new hires and if auditions go well and vets return, they've got a shot at moving up,

at least back into finals and hopefully higher.

What I'm more excited about with this new staff is a likely return to Madison thrilling

the crowd with a powerful and exciting show that is less "concept" driven and more melodic.

I was told by a staff member recently that the number one priority this next year, is

for Madison to be loved by the crowd again for more than

just nostalgic reasons. They hired these new guys with that goal in mind.

Competative success will also be a priority, but not at the expense of thrilling

the crowd. This is what I'm most excited about.

Edited by madalumni

Id agree... a lot are fine.. but there are definitely some who need to chill sometime. Everyone is not out to get your scouts. I am excited to see what they can do with this new staff, but if i temper that excitement with anything not sunshine and rainbows, i get jumped on by someone.

WOW dude, you have issues.

Thank you for proving my point, Jason.

Edited by contrajedi8