How will Madison do in 2010 and 2011?

How will Madison do in 2010 and 2011?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Madison finish in 2010?

• 1st - 3rd
    • 4th - 6th
    • 7th - 9th
    • 10th - 12th
    • 13th - 15th
    • 16th or lower
  2. 2. Where will Madison finish in 2011?

• 1st - 3rd
    • 4th - 6th
    • 7th - 9th
    • 10th - 12th
    • 13th - 15th
    • 16th or lower

They will have a HUGE turnout in terms of improvement!

But guess what? Nobody else going away either.

BD, Crown, Cavaliers, SCV, Cadets, Blue Coats, BAC, Phantom, Blue Stars, Blue Knights, Troopers and Glassmen are not going to lay down and die just because Madison got a new staff.

They will be fantastic, but it still will take a little time.

i think they will be arond 10 next year, around 8 the following year. Top 5 will be about 5 years away.

No offense to you, but why is it that we always get this type of response? Of course other corps will still be practicing. It's just a buzz kill. It's a subtle, negative, neener neener, rain-on-our-parade type thing to do.

Oh well, par for DCP. :rolleyes:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said 10-12 both times. Call me a skeptic. :S (Believe me, anything more than that would make me a very happy person...)

No offense to you, but why is it that we always get this type of response? Of course other corps will still be practicing. It's just a buzz kill. It's a subtle, negative, neener neener, rain-on-our-parade type thing to do.

Of course, this is always the response to that, or any post that isnt sunshine and roses around here (and more with certain corps). This poll asks where we think madison should place... if you ask the question, expect honest answers from people who may not be drinking the kool-aid. This staff is a talented staff that ultimately allow them to play with the big dogs. However, most of the corps in the top 12, and all the top 9, have names in staff that can do the same.

Look at it from this angle. Crown has had a great staff... but it took them longer to get to top 5 than just a couple years.. and thats with just about every fan in DCI pulling for them... and they were getting better year over year without their placement changing much (7-7-8-6)

Do i think Madison can get there eventually and challenge for the top 5? Yes. Absolutely. Just like i think Blue Stars can get there too (and believe me, i cannot wait to see madison rocking at that level again). Will it be easy, or is it guaranteed to happen in a year or two? No.

No offense taken.

I dont mean to rain on your parade, i was just answering the question as well as responding to a few other comments.

Remember, the question isnt "How will they placE", its "How will they do".

I interpret "do" as the show they put out. Putting out a great show is waht i expect, but i just dont think its going to be instant Gold.

But the more important thing, they will be a fantastic drum corps again.

If they stay on their current path.

2010- 9th

2011- 6th

2012- 3rd

2013-???

2010- 9th

2011- 6th

2012- 3rd

2013-???

I'm curious as to your logic. How does their current path translate to your 4 year trend. Based on their last two years 12th & 15th, then their current path would lead them to 18th, 21st, 24th....

2010- 9th

2011- 6th

2012- 3rd

2013-???

current path?

they just went 15-12-15. So their current path would be:

2010-12th

2011-15th

2012-12th

:rolleyes:

thats the optimistic view.

otherwise (just going from 08-09) itd be

2010-18th

2011-21st

2012-24th

Luckily for the scouts, their new staff should change the current path a bit. :doh:

I meant new path.

Mason's ability to get all the right instructors.

Jim Prime and DVD's ability to take the brass line from 15 place to top 5.

Improved GE brass.

Mason will improve each caption until they are not only competing for best in the Midwest but, Best in the world.

Edited by boxingfred

I see a similar scenario as what happened in 2002-2003, where they came off a low finish with a bit of a subpar designed show, rebuilt the staff, improved the show design, and broke back into finals with 8th. I don't know if they'll finish 8th next year (I'm guessing more in the 10-12 range), but in my head at least, I see something similar happening again.

Mike