What makes Phantom '06 so special?

How would you feel about the show had Cavaliers placed third instead of first?

It would be the same show right? I would feel the same way... I might use some different words like they just weren't as clean as 2nd and 1st... that's probably it... why do you ask?

My feelings on how much i like/dislike a show really isn't biased on placement, and if they beat my favorite corps or not. It's my taste in drum corps, and if they did things well or not. Lets not forget how subjective our dear activity is.

Edited by kickhaltsforlife

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, don't let the facts get in the way of some personal bias. A neutral party watching the video can tell that the crowd was into both shows, and there was no expectation or belief from the crowd that Regiment was actually going to beat Green (except for the true believers in Regiment Land).

LOL, you actually think that your interpretation of crowd expectation/belief is factual? Seriously?

So a lot of you are putting Phantom 2006 on your lists of tons shows from 2005 on. Why? I've seen the show many times and it hasn't grown on me. Am I missing something? I feel like there's something right in front of me that I'm overlooking.

2006 was Phantom's Faust show with no music from Faust, just iike 2008 was a Spartacus show with only 45 seconds of music from Spartacus.

How would you feel about the show had Cavaliers placed third instead of first?

I probably would've been a little more content that the judges saw things the way I did. It's like their 2007 show - I don't really talk about it too much because everybody knows that it sucked (how it even got third blows my mind. . . ). If '06 came in third I would dislike it as much, but I certainly wouldn't be as quick to criticize it in a public forum.

Edited by TSRTS13

Did I miss the memo about bringing back ticks?

In my mind they never left ;-) Clean is still King and PR's drumline in '06 was cleeeeeeeeeEEEEEEAN! (and with a challenging/tasty book no less).

As for the show as a whole it has some good moments but I prefer listening to '05 or '07 over '06/'08/'09 any day

Don't worry. I feel the same way about Phantom 2008... still don't get what the fuss was about. Haha. I'm a huge fan of 2006, however. Like someone else mentioned, everything just clicked. The story was great, the hornline sounded fantastic, and the ballad was beautiful.

In regards to The Cavaliers during that year... I listen to that show all the time (it's the 2nd most played show on my iTunes). I can recall the music easily. As I'm listening to it, I can see the drill taking place. But hey, that's just me. :tongue:

Hey, that's me too. Cavaliers 2006 is one of the most played on my itunes. I see it all over again in my head and it's genius. The brass is forgetable but the pit/drums are just amazing.

Now Phantom 06 I saw/heard once. I liked it but never thought of it again, I will go back and listen to it now.

Edited by Brigscontrachik05

I probably would've been a little more content that the judges saw things the way I did. It's like their 2007 show - I don't really talk about it too much because everybody knows that it sucked (how it even got third blows my mind. . . ). If '06 came in third I wouldn't like it as much, but I certainly wouldn't be as quick to criticize it in a public forum.

...Psstt... :tongue: they got 4th.... they should have got 3rd...

So a lot of you are putting Phantom 2006 on your lists of tons shows from 2005 on. Why? I've seen the show many times and it hasn't grown on me. Am I missing something? I feel like there's something right in front of me that I'm overlooking.

Thanks!

Do you not have a heart? This show is so beautiful. A demon falls in love with a girl and saves her from the pits of hell. All while beautiful music, drill, and choreography is going on!!!