2009 DCA Prelims Show - Live Thread

This member is 5 months pregnant, and was having some trouble breathing after the show. She ended up in Strong Memorial for observation overnight, and was released a few hours before Finals. She performed an 'abridged' version of the show that evening, just to make sure she didn't overdo it, and finished with a smile on her face! Mom and Baby are both just fine, and she will NOW be putting her feet up and resting for the rest of her pregnancy! :P

Special thanks to the paramedics for their speedy work, Strong Memorial, and Jolesch photography for waiting so long to take our corps photo (we were hoping she and her hubby (snare player) could make it out of the ambulance in time, but did not) and to their small group photographer who RAN with our entire guard so we could take a FULL guard photo at the ambulance! Thanks also go out to Alliance – who assisted us on Sunday evening by unhooking a trailer from their truck so they could drive her up to the starting gate. We really appreciate it!!!!!

Thanks to everyone for your concern, and your help! :thumbup::tongue:

Jen Hartnett-Orser

Guard Caption Head

Kingston Grenadiers

With the ambulance in the background, you could subtitle the guard shot "The SIRENS of Kingston". :tongue:

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the ambulance in the background, you could subtitle the guard shot "The SIRENS of Kingston". :tongue:

I was coming back from the car when the medics pulled up at the lower gate. Have seen paramedics in action up close before (unfortunately) and these folks were all business from the little bit I saw. :thumbup:

By the way Kevin are you done soaking your fingers in ice yet. :tongue: Hope the bad people down the hall didn't keep you up too late. :tongue:

We were wheeling in our pit equipment on just the Grennies were coming off and she was right in front of me. I thought she might be pregnant and was worried for her. I’m glad to hear she and the baby are OK.

The person playing next to Bonnie is Tony Signorelli on baritone. I'm not sure if he'd be flattered or insulted to be called a mellophone. Guess it depends on the context. haha.

I was just listening to the Music Effect 1 Judge from Finals and he called me a melophone too!

We did have a catapult early on but felt it was too big to bring to Rochester.

Plus there was the whole "will PETA object?" thing when the subject of using cows as ammo surfaced.

We probably should put the Monty Python tapes away.... :lle:

Plus there was the whole "will PETA object?" thing when the subject of using cows as ammo surfaced.

We probably should put the Monty Python tapes away.... :lle:

NEVER put away the Monty Python tapes!!! :ph34r:

I was just listening to the Music Effect 1 Judge from Finals and he called me a melophone too!

It's those big-### bells you guys have, actually makes the baris look smaller from the front.

Good point. We don't want that whole Spanish Inquisition thing blowing up in our faces....

But who would expect it?