New uniforms for Spirit!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I was thinking was a more modern take on a historical uniform. I think that it is generally agreed that the current uniform they wear is a nice one, just not for Spirit. Obviously they (Spirit) wanted a uniform that identifies them as what they are now as opposed to what they were then. So with that in mind, I am curious to see peoples ideas of what they could wear. It' ssomething at least until they reveal the new unis.

I personally don't think the "gradient" look is very effective in clothing of any kind be it uniforms or t-shirts or whatever... never seems to print as good as it looks on a computer. Plus I wasn't a fan of how minimalist the delta became on the uni. Not necessarily saying go back to the baby blues with the white delta but a more prominent delta would be better.

I was lucky to get a sneak peak of the new uniform several weeks ago and I was impressed. There were a few more tweaks to make at that time, and I won't give anything away but I will say I think most fans/alumni will like the new look. But, I also think they will be a bit controversial. I think the new look will really pop and will look great with the entire corps on the field.

The old uniform made me think of Jersey Surf and Pacific Crest more than it did Spirit. The new look definitely says 'Spirit' and not any other 'blue' corps. But at the same time, it doesn't say Spirit of Atlanta from the earlier years. Kinda tough to explain really.

I can't wait for them to finally release the pictures!!

Thanks for that clear definition Chadwick! :thumbup:

I was lucky to get a sneak peak of the new uniform several weeks ago and I was impressed. There were a few more tweaks to make at that time, and I won't give anything away but I will say I think most fans/alumni will like the new look. But, I also think they will be a bit controversial. I think the new look will really pop and will look great with the entire corps on the field.

The old uniform made me think of Jersey Surf and Pacific Crest more than it did Spirit. The new look definitely says 'Spirit' and not any other 'blue' corps. But at the same time, it doesn't say Spirit of Atlanta from the earlier years. Kinda tough to explain really.

I can't wait for them to finally release the pictures!!

Oh, c'mon - give a little bit away. :thumbup: Base color ... neat feature ... something!

Mike

Thanks for that clear definition Chadwick! :thumbup:

Ha, you know, I just re-read what I posted and I guess I did go a bit all over the place there. Anyhow, without giving too much away b/c I just really shouldn't, I will say that I think the new look is less busy than the current unis. The color choice is bold yet the design more simple than currently and the Delta is still shown. As with all uniforms out there, there will be some that like it and those that don't like it. I predict more will like than dislike. There are multiple shades of blue out there to choose from and their's will be different from the other blue teams (Blue Devils, Bluecoats, Blue Stars, Blue Knights, Pacific Crest).