New uniforms for Spirit!

Awww.... I Liked the uniforms. I Thought they were very nice looking, Mature and very neat.

On The Price Thing.... It Depends on what all they have to buy. If it is new uniforms period - jacket, gauntlets, pants, shakos, plumes -. they will likely be spending around $50,000.00

if they have to buy just jackets, gauntlets, plumes - i would say anywhere around $15,000.00 - $30,000.00

Sponsorship! Sponsorship! Sponsorship!

If they are paying anything, it is greatly reduced. Most of the corps have this now, just as they do with drum and horn deals, yet still, whenever there is an announcement by one of the larger corps about a new look, people start screaming "HOW CAN THEY AFFORD THIS?!!" Trying out new stuff on the corps and featuring them in their ads allows the uniform companies to a better sales job on the more lucrative band uniform market.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FJM Requires all Drum Corps to pay in full before the uniform is to be made.

That is what a FJM Customer Service Rep has said.

I can't wait to see the new design. Cesario has some brilliant ideas for designs. He designed the 2007 - 2009 uniform also. Love to see what they will be sporting in 2010.

When was BD in all grey? I remember they wore grey pants and shoes with a black top but I don't remember all grey.

Grey and black was 88. All black was 89.

Thanks Tom. I didn't think I was losing it. Not yet at least! :thumbup:

[sarcasm on] Let's not forget Spirit's bass player-- maybe they could dress him/her up in something akin to the old metal band Stryper, except in black and blue... [/sarcasm off]

stryperband.jpg

Lol

"OK, here is my payment of $1.29 for each uniform as we agreed in exchange for using my corps name, likeness, etc. Now get started".

This makes it sound like FJM will give Spirit the new uniforms for free just because they are Spirit or just because they are a drum corps. But with Blue Devils, Crown, Cavies and Phantom in the FJM family, how much of a discount is FJM going to pass on to a corps that just barely made top 12 only 50% of the time in the past ten years? No insult to Spirit intended here, but the uniform and equipment manufacturers/designers don't give deep discounts to every corps that knocks on their door. And don't forget that FJM also promotes the top high school and college marching bands that use their products - its about marketing and they will want to market (and, therefore give deeper discounts) to the groups that rank the highest.