Madisons Staff...

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of this is conjecture but I believe this year we will see Madison finish no better than 10th but will make finals night. The real impact will come in years 2 & 3.

Star didn't just walk onto the scene at finish in the top 3 it took a few years.

Still an awesome display of Corp & Talent Management.

They finished finals in their first year.

I think you are right...might sneek a 9th spot in this year.

Top 6 might be 3-4 years away though. No one gives a spot up easily once you get to 7 or so.

10-12 much more vulnerable spots.

I think some people are forgetting that yes, Star did make finals their first year, and did have to build.

What people are not remembering though is that the troubles Madison had in 2009 were not really performance issues, but more, much more design issues.

The 2009 Scouts were a corps full of talent in all sections, in my opinion. I think there were some shortcomings in some teaching areas, primarily the snareline, and the overall design of the back half of the show.

So from that regard, if Madison can retain a good corps of veteran members, and bring in even more talent. I would say the 6-9 range is very possible. A definite, no, but very possible.

I think some people are forgetting that yes, Star did make finals their first year, and did have to build.

What people are not remembering though is that the troubles Madison had in 2009 were not really performance issues, but more, much more design issues.

The 2009 Scouts were a corps full of talent in all sections, in my opinion. I think there were some shortcomings in some teaching areas, primarily the snareline, and the overall design of the back half of the show.

So from that regard, if Madison can retain a good corps of veteran members, and bring in even more talent. I would say the 6-9 range is very possible. A definite, no, but very possible.

\

Perhaps. Looking at the recaps of Semi's:

* 16th place Guard

* 13th place Brass

* 16th place Percussion

I tend to think those three captions are the best to determine "talent" of the sections.

Compared with:

* 15th GE

* 15th Vis. Ensemble & Performance

* 15th Music Ensemble

Seems like brass was the most talented section with percussion and guard underachieving. Watching the Semi's webcast, I think it's hard to determine what Madison's problem was, because obviously the show had major design issues: but it also wasn't exactly performed at a really high level either.

I think you are right...might sneek a 9th spot in this year.

So who exactly in the top 9 is Madison going to displace? Considering the current 9th place corps is Phantom Regiment who, with the exception of this past season, been a lock for top 5 for the better part of a decade. Blue Stars are continuing to prove they are consistent top 8 material and Boston just had a very successful season with the most entertaining show of the year.

So who's it going to be?

My money says Madison has about a 7-1 shot at making Finals. Now, if they have a smooth 2010, 2011 could be a different story.

How slow would DCP be if Madison hadn't made a bunch of staffing changes. It would be even more dead around here.

So who exactly in the top 9 is Madison going to displace? Considering the current 9th place corps is Phantom Regiment who, with the exception of this past season, been a lock for top 5 for the better part of a decade. Blue Stars are continuing to prove they are consistent top 8 material and Boston just had a very successful season with the most entertaining show of the year.

So who's it going to be?

My money says Madison has about a 7-1 shot at making Finals. Now, if they have a smooth 2010, 2011 could be a different story.

I'll take 7-1 if you are offering them for Madison in Finals.

3 corps are already on the bubble from last season

BK, Glassmen and Troopers are all vulnerable.

Now, let's talk about Regiment and Boston. Of the two, I'd give the nod to Regiment moving up at least one spot...Boston had a good year but have been up and down as of late.

So, Madison is an easy pick for Top 12...I'd make the odds 2:1 and not 7:1. I'd have them 4:1 odds for 11th and 7:1 for 9th.

\

Perhaps. Looking at the recaps of Semi's:

* 16th place Guard

* 13th place Brass

* 16th place Percussion

I tend to think those three captions are the best to determine "talent" of the sections.

Compared with:

* 15th GE

* 15th Vis. Ensemble & Performance

* 15th Music Ensemble

Seems like brass was the most talented section with percussion and guard underachieving. Watching the Semi's webcast, I think it's hard to determine what Madison's problem was, because obviously the show had major design issues: but it also wasn't exactly performed at a really high level either.

Again, much of the low scoring trend for Madison, I would say comes from design.

You mean to tell me that judges don't cross captions and slot.

But I will go ahead and take the high road, and apologize for having an opinion. I will be sure not to voice that any longer.

But I will go ahead and take the high road, and apologize for having an opinion. I will be sure not to voice that any longer.

Oh for god's sake, dry your eyes. You say tomato. He says tomahto. Agree to disagree.

For what it's worth, I think Madison's low finish was about 50/50 poor design vs. poor execution.