Madisons Staff...

Coming from the demographic that you all are talking about, this is VERY true. This hasn't been said much but is true. I don't mean to air dirty laundry or anything, but this is happening. Couple that with the understated fact that the average drum corps rookie doesn't really know much drum corps history and stuff like that, and the fact that rookies don't really know names that well (most of them look at the identity of the corps, not who runs the joint (unless they have an in with whoever runs it)).

I also don't think the placements of the previous year affect people nearly as much as anyone makes out. The activity is not overflowing with ring chasers; people do have loyalty to "their corps" and want to follow their dreams regardless of where that corps placed in year 200X (soon to be 201X).

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it will have more impact than at least this past year.

Sure, many of the people trying out haven't heard of Star, or remember them as they were, but the thing they do know is Blast. And to be honest, many kids, including the ones that I teach are more turned on from Blast and would want to work with that staff than many people teaching the amazing corps out there currently.

Maybe it's exposure, but the word Blast will attract kids.

Again I think after the first year we'll start to see an impact. If this staff stays tgether they will progress through the rankings into a power-house. The determining factor will be the Cavaliers ability to stay in the elite group with all the staff changes. If they do then Madison will draw from other corps male rosters. I have no doubt that they will start pulling from other corps after the first year.

The staff will just have to prove that they still have what it takes to make a power-house in DCI. Star was ground breaking back in their day however other corps have learned from them and in some respects taken to another level.

All in all it will be good for Madison, DCI and especially the fans.

i predict whoever scores highest wins

This is an outrageous statement.....I demand to see some proof! :thumbup:

Again I think after the first year we'll start to see an impact. If this staff stays tgether they will progress through the rankings into a power-house. The determining factor will be the Cavaliers ability to stay in the elite group with all the staff changes. If they do then Madison will draw from other corps male rosters. I have no doubt that they will start pulling from other corps after the first year.

The staff will just have to prove that they still have what it takes to make a power-house in DCI. Star was ground breaking back in their day however other corps have learned from them and in some respects taken to another level.

All in all it will be good for Madison, DCI and especially the fans.

I feel that both Cavaliers and the Scouts can be near the top. In 1985, Cavies placed 5th with the Scouts being in 4th, if I'm not mistaken. It would be nice to see both of these corps near the top.

I feel that both Cavaliers and the Scouts can be near the top. In 1985, Cavies placed 5th with the Scouts being in 4th, if I'm not mistaken. It would be nice to see both of these corps near the top.

And, in 95, Cavaliers won, and we were 4th. But, I've got a DCM champion patch on my jacket, so we must have beaten them there. :thumbup:

I think Madison will draw a lot of VETS from other corps. Especially those vets who want to meet the right people to put them on a track to the real entertainment business. I have one word for everyone BLAST. Don't forget Jim Mason and all this new staff still has a touring production of BLAST. You could say this staff has a pipe line to the entertainment world. Wouldn't it be nice to march Madison, get seen, show your talent, and have a spot waiting on you with a Tony winning show?

Also, this new staff will bring kids with them that have worked with them before. Remember Madison's Colin McNutt and all Madison's drumers in 2007. It has happened in the past, where the staff goes so does the kids that want to learn from that particualr staff member. Madison will be just fine and I beleive they will have their fair share of the TOP talent coming from all directions, vets and rookies alike.

The corps I look to take a tumble will be the Cavies. I fear Rosemont is circling the wagons. I maybe wrong, but I look for the Cavies to be 5th, 6th, 7th next year.

If and these are ifs - Madison can produce a show that can show case their talents, have a second to none visual program and guard that can execute, the rest of the cards will fall into place, and I look for Madison to be in that 4th-8th pack of corps.

I know a 1st place corps can go from 1st to 9th in one year, how far can a 15th place corps go up in one year. In 2003 a 14th place corps the previous year went to 8th - and that corps was The Madison Scouts.

What I really want to know is what, show Madison is going to be doing next year. Considering how Jim Mason likes to stir the DCI pot, who knows what this show could be. He's had almost 16 years to think about this. If I was a betting man, Mr Mason knew what show he wanted Madison to do before he ever took the job at Madison.

Don't ya just love the internet, we get to talk about drum corps 365 24/7.

I think Madison will draw a lot of VETS from other corps. Especially those vets who want to meet the right people to put them on a track to the real entertainment business. I have one word for everyone BLAST. Don't forget Jim Mason and all this new staff still has a touring production of BLAST. You could say this staff has a pipe line to the entertainment world. Wouldn't it be nice to march Madison, get seen, show your talent, and have a spot waiting on you with a Tony winning show?

Also, this new staff will bring kids with them that have worked with them before. Remember Madison's Colin McNutt and all Madison's drumers in 2007. It has happened in the past, where the staff goes so does the kids that want to learn from that particualr staff member. Madison will be just fine and I beleive they will have their fair share of the TOP talent coming from all directions, vets and rookies alike.

The corps I look to take a tumble will be the Cavies. I fear Rosemont is circling the wagons. I maybe wrong, but I look for the Cavies to be 5th, 6th, 7th next year.

If and these are ifs - Madison can produce a show that can show case their talents, have a second to none visual program and guard that can execute, the rest of the cards will fall into place, and I look for Madison to be in that 4th-8th pack of corps.

I know a 1st place corps can go from 1st to 9th in one year, how far can a 15th place corps go up in one year. In 2003 a 14th place corps the previous year went to 8th - and that corps was The Madison Scouts.

What I really want to know is what, show Madison is going to be doing next year. Considering how Jim Mason likes to stir the DCI pot, who knows what this show could be. He's had almost 16 years to think about this. If I was a betting man, Mr Mason knew what show he wanted Madison to do before he ever took the job at Madison.

rrriiiiiiiiiggghhhttt...

Interesting.

I love a good shake-up in the ranks, and it's great business to have a fan favorite return to glory. But I think that the majority of rookies audition for a corps based on competitive results. Obviously there are exceptions, and I don't think it's a huge majority (i.e. I'd say maybe 50-60%). If there are people talented enough to make Cavaliers (a corps that has established a reputation for always being in the hunt for a Championship, AND they have a massive and well documented history) they will most likely go to Cavaliers.

I do think that Madison will be a significantly higher "safety corps" for rookies. By that I mean if some misses the cut for Cavaliers, or Phantom, or maybe Blue Stars, they will likely be more inclined to try to make Madison than, say, Colts, or Glassmen, or another lower finalist type corps.