Stadium's Impact on 2010 Music Selections

Do you think that the horrible echo in the Oil Can in 2009 will affect the music selections and arrangements we will hear 2010? Even IF the roof is opened, corps might be hesitant to take on music that will not come across clearly due to the reverb.

I heard that the Cadets would like to revisit Bernstein’s Jeremiah at some point and have long wanted to do the Shostakovich 10th but will not consider either since all the work they would put into the difficult articulations in these pieces will be lost in Echo Stadium.

Do you foresee any changes in music selection and arranging for 2010 due to the sound issues in Lucas?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could definitely see this happening in the coming years. Arrangers will start worrying about whether or not some pieces will translate well in what it essentially a big metal cave and they'll start simplifying things. I can see songs becoming more simple in terms of rhythm and articulation.

It's a little sad to think about.

i fully expect it this year. what really stinks is since 90% of the shows during the season are outside, those who dont go to the dome will suffer

i fully expect it this year. what really stinks is since 90% of the shows during the season are outside, those who dont go to the dome will suffer

That's what I was thinking. I haven't been in LOS nor do I plan to except for maybe performing in it, I'd hate to see the whole season shaped around 1 event at the end with poor acoustics.

they'll have to tho...makes no sense to design a show that works outside when finals and 2 of the big regionals are inside

they'll have to tho...makes no sense to design a show that works outside when finals and 2 of the big regionals are inside

Yet there are those of use who aren't buying finals CDs who have Murfreesboro to listen to.

In no way should arrangements or musical selections be based on the finals performance location.

Edited by LincolnV

Yet there are those of use who aren't buying finals CDs who have Murfreesboro to listen to.

In no way should arrangements or musical selections be based on the finals performance location.

Agree.

I hadn't heard the Murf APD's . . .of course, they gotta be better than the CD's are in most places.

Murfreesboro is always a great show...and so is the company that goes. ;)