2010 Predictions (Thats right, its THAT time of the off-season)

This is the dumbest prediction I have ever read in all my years of having anything to do with drum corps.

You appear to have spiked your "greentea" with something extra. I suggest that you re-read the original post you responded to now that the buzz has worn off!

Bueller....Bueller? :laugh:

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell...I'll take a crack at this, for the sake of my own amusement.

1) Carolina Crown--I think their time has come. I've been a fan for a long time, since they used to duke it out with Southwind in the old Division II.

2) Blue Devils--I've never been too much of a "fan" of theirs per se, but I do have to respect the fact that they do what they do extremely well.

3) Santa Clara Vanguard--Building on their momentum from 2009, I think Vanguard and BD will duke it out for the silver medal.

4) Cavaliers--I'm sure they'll have a strong visual program, as usual.

5) Cadets--I feel the same about them as I do about Blue Devils...but I think the Blue Devils are usually a cut above.

6) Bluecoats--Although this will not be their highest placement, I still feel that they will continue their momentum and perhaps beat their best score of 94.450 from 2005

7) Phantom Regiment--Trying to bounce back after the disappointing 2009 season, they still fall short of the top 6

8) Boston Crusaders--I think both BAC and Blue Stars will give Phantom a run for the 7th place spot. Good show, stiff competition.

9) Blue Stars--I predict another prop-laden show, but somewhat better scorewise than 2009. Another close race between them and BAC, and Phantom possibly.

10) Madison Scouts--With their staffing changes, I predict significant upward momentum from them.

11) Glassmen--Another reasonably well executed, but still not terribly interesting production

12) Crossmen--I predict a tight race with both the Colts and Blue Knights

13 )Blue Knights

14) Colts

15) Troopers

16) The Academy

17) Spirit

18) Pacific Crest

19) Jersey Surf

20) Pioneer

21) Mandarins

22) Cascades

I cant believe how many people aren't putting the glassmen in top 12.

Whats that about?

seeing that you are new you should learn that everyone here thinks they are boring.

1. Cavaliers - 2009 was a pretty down year I'm basing this on a guess that odd years are in general a bad year for the cavies but every other year do really well

2. Blue Devils - don't see them dropping much anytime soon

3. Cadets - this was a great year for them, haven't seen finals but on design I really would've liked for them to get at least 2nd but have no sour grapes over them losing to crown. Hope they keep voice limited as a tool rather than something to base a show on

4. Crown - I liked their show this year but I don't know if they'll keep it up. First time in top 3, I'll wait before putting them in #1 or around there

5. Phantom - expecting/hoping a comeback from them

6. SCV - I liked ballet for martha just I don't know if they're going to have another as great next year, I hope they prove me wrong

7. Blooo - I like their show and the corps, it just seems really hard for them to break into that top tier

8. Boston - Liked their show this year, don't know much about them but if they keep doing what they're doing I think they'll do fine around here

9. Glassmen - Love the corps, loved their show even though it "lacked energy"

10. Blue Stars - Respect what they do and their shows are certainly well performed but I really haven't cared for their 08 or 09 shows

11. Madison Scouts - I love the Scouts, definitely personal bias coming into play here, but I have faith in the new staff

12. Blue Knights - Really don't know about this spot, all others are up for grabs too of course but this one I'd go with Blue Knights but could see many other people here (including Troop or Colts)

all just my opinions based on things I've noticed. I probably will be way off, and hope I am in many cases (especially towards the top and bottom)

BD will win again

Just cause I am board at work.

1. Devs

2. Cadets

3. SCV

4. Crown

5. BLOOO

6. Cavies

7. Phantom

8. Boston

9. Glassmen

10. Blue Stars

11. Madison

12. Academy

13. BK

14. Troop

15. Colts

16. Crossmen

OK here is my first attempt at one of these prediction threads:

1. Crown - lots of momentum from the last few years. Plus I HOPE to be marching with them and a championship my rookie year would be amazing!

2. BD - Not a huge fan but they are good and they won't be out of the top 3 for sure.

3. SCV - Continuing the climb from last year, great show. May duke it out with BD and Crown a few times.

4. Cadets - They will have another exciting show, hopefully without narration, but not as clean as the top 3.

5. Cavaliers - As much as I love the Cavies, they will slide a little after 2009's finish and staff changes. Still visually strong/innovative though.

6. Bluecoats - Love the energy that comes from this corps.

7. Phantom - Still rebuilding after last year.

8. BAC - Still running off of energy from last year, another great show.

9. Blue Stars - not quite sure what to say, liked their shows the last two years.

10. Troopers - after breaking into the top 12 they will attract more talent and keep going strong.

11. Blue Knights - Simply because they are finalists year after year and we know how judging politics work

12. Madison - new all-star staff really does them some good, beginning a comeback