The history of the Westshoremen

party Saturday night is at the Crown Plaza, right? Hey Fran, are we gonna need really dark sunglasses? Or are you gonna be dressed down? :tongue:

Edited by buzzgok

i am sure ill be able to spot him from the stage

Someone help me here, for some reason, I think Westshore at one time wore kilts. Can anyone help me? Ok, I went back and read the first post which I should have done from the start.

Edited by buzzgok

Someone help me here, for some reason, I think Westshore at one time wore kilts. Can anyone help me? Ok, I went back and read the first post which I should have done from the start.

I remember when they went from Wormleysburg Westshoremen to Westshoremen Bonnie Scots - but I don't remember kilts even though it would have made some sense... "Bonnie Scots"

I remember when they went from Wormleysburg Westshoremen to Westshoremen Bonnie Scots - but I don't remember kilts even though it would have made some sense... "Bonnie Scots"

Indeed Tom,there was a kilt involved.(dont remember the tartan)during the westshore/bonnie scots days,it's possible that the bonnie scots kilts were worn by a section.I have seen photos of the tartan,very nice one!We're gonna need Jeff to confirm this one.

Hey Scott, haven't seen anyone in kilts in the (few) WSM-BS pics I've seen over the last few years. Used to work with a WSM-BS member who marched mid 60s to 72 but lost contact with him. Did see some drummers with tams including one that looks like Jeffs dad. I have a copy of the 2004 DVD that Westshore put out and think I remember seeing a pic of members in kilts. But... no idea if it was Westshoremen-Bonnie Scots or a real old pic of the Millersburg Bonnie-Scots who merged with 'da Worms' in '59.

But I least I know what you look like now. :thumbup:

Just saw Hairbears post... hope someone names which clans tartan was used (hey I have in-laws who are part of "Clan Cameron" :tongue: Trivia bit; US Air Force corps Bolling Field - Wash. DC used the Mitchell tartan in honor of Gen. Billy Mitchell (so sez the recoding I have :thumbup: ).

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

i dont believe as WSBS they ever had the kilts, but I believe the Bonnie Scots did, but I dont know a lot of info on it.

Benny Behrens Sr...used to talk about kilts...but, I believe it was the Bonnie Scots...I think I have a pix from a year book (like 1965) that has someone in honor guard sporting one...yikes this means I have to venture into the basement tonight and try and find that book...

Edited by boomboom

hey Hairbear !!!

How are you? Missed seeing you at the Forum this year...wasnt the same without the pit !!! (scott that includes you too)

serenade09008.jpg

Westshoremen alumni MellophoneGod , Contraman and Wally the SouvieKing

serenade09010.jpg

Edited by boomboom