The history of the Westshoremen

yep...the corps improved 4 points from the week before :worthy:

Yeah... not filling up the sheets with tic marks the second half of the show really helped.. :blink:

Stray memories filling in....

1974 Prelims scores were really low (at least for the bottom few corps). Remember word getting around that Hershman thought we would have had a 10-14 point improvement if the same judges had been used. And considering how BAD the week before was that seemed like a valid theory. Emmaus and that green corps from Hanover :thumbup: scored in the low 40s and 1975 Finals was a 10 corps show again.

When I got the piston/slide Bari when I joined WSM (early 74) there was sheet music in it. Can't remember if "Superstar" was in it but "25 or 6 to 4" I do remember. Wonder if they were from an old WSM show or the Piston/slides came from another corps. We have new filters at work and corps reps is blocked to check who did "25 or 6 to 4". :worthy:

Bus to first competition (one week BEFORE DCA :thumbup: ) horns were in one bus and drums/color guard were in the other. Reason was drummers had to learn the rest of the show. Then we got Amhearst and ALL the corps learned the last two minutes of drill. :worthy: Finished up about an hour before the show started and we were first on. :worthy:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

hey...we learned the last 15 pages of drill the day of the first show in 90.

and won

74 finals was one of the coldest and weirdest that I remember

actually 1976 was extemely cold and very windy. that year was the coldest labor day in rochester for many years. 1974 was not fun either.

Only professional pic taken 1974 Westshoremen

OK, how do I make this bigger??? :laugh:

wsm1974j2-1.jpg

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

OK, how do I make this bigger???

A. Take it to Walgreen's.

or ....

B. Go to Best Buy and buy their biggest TV that has a video input.

Only professional pic taken 1974 Westshoremen

OK, how do I make this bigger??? :laugh:

wsm1974j2-1.jpg

jim your scanner software should be able to make it bigger. if not then like the man said take it to walgreens. but it's a good pic from many years ago.

Ooops, I meant make the image bigger on the screen, The original is a nice 8x10 or so but only way I know to show it as a pic (instead of a link) is via photobucket. OK, ya'll come over to help me look for the original... :laugh:

Here's the link to a slightly bigger pic on my flickr account which I no longer can access since Yahoo took over. :worthy:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14488996@N00/112229630/

Edit: Password now reset on flickr and crapload of comments I haven't seen in years... Oy!!!

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Ooops, I meant make the image bigger on the screen, The original is a nice 8x10 or so but only way I know to show it as a pic (instead of a link) is via photobucket. OK, ya'll come over to help me look for the original... :laugh:

Here's the link to a slightly bigger pic on my flickr account which I no longer can access since Yahoo took over. :worthy:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14488996@N00/112229630/

Edit: Password now reset on flickr and crapload of comments I haven't seen in years... Oy!!!

inyernet explore has a zoom on it on the right corner. but when you go to put the pic on the sceen your puter will let yo enlarge the pic an then send it over. go to your tools in" my computer ". there you can change it. or right click on the pic an there should be a menu. hope that helps.