The history of the Westshoremen

Ha... i still have the picture from the poker game when Larry showed me how to play poker :) (NOT)

Which bus were you on? I was on the second bus which had the toilet break 2 hours into the trip and then the A/C crapped out in Alabama in the middle of the afternoon. Think someone threw trash in the crapper and clogged it and the first bus kicked up so much dust (Highway my ###) that the A/C filter clogged up. Top it off they were (key word = WERE) brand new buses and only two windows were made to be opened. Like a freakin locker room when we go to N.O. We didn't break in those buses...we just broke 'em. :tongue:

I remember Larry on the same bus going home but not on the way down. Then again, I don't remember going thru VA on the way home (turning 21 week before had a LOT to do with that).

my Dad is still so happy he didnt ride the bus. 75 to Miami with the Rebels was enough for him

• 2 weeks later...
whatever became of the dvd hoover was working on? I loaned him videos to assist in the creation of it. He returned the videos but that was the last I heard of his project.

I would like to get one if they exist.

Hoover has been working on this for years...anyone ever see him anymore? (well besides Serenade) He also needs to get those old tom line pictures that he bought out from Moe Knox posted somewhere (Westshore Facebook page?)

Hoover has been working on this for years...anyone ever see him anymore? (well besides Serenade) He also needs to get those old tom line pictures that he bought out from Moe Knox posted somewhere (Westshore Facebook page?)

Yeah, God love him.... I had a funny feeling that I would never get to see the finished product!

Well.... He DID return the videos I loaned him, thereby earning borrowing rights in the future!

But he doesn't need them now... he has everything!

By the way, what was the name of that dude who dived face first into a cooler and came up with the quarter in his mouth? Jeff would know.

He was hilarious when he set fire to Vinnie's Crossmen shirt and ran across the rehearsal field with the burning shirt stuck to a flagpole.. "hut hut hut hut" :thumbup: ............. funniest thing I ever saw in drumcorps!

If HE is an example of the crew that went to N.O.... then I missed out!

Yeah, God love him.... I had a funny feeling that I would never get to see the finished product!

Well.... He DID return the videos I loaned him, thereby earning borrowing rights in the future!

By the way, what was the name of that dude who dived face first into a cooler and came up with the quarter in his mouth? Jeff would know.

He was hilarious when he set fire to Vinnie's Crossmen shirt and ran across the rehearsal field with the burning shirt stuck to a flagpole.. "hut hut hut hut" :thumbup: ............. funniest thing I ever saw in drumcorps!

Actually, the funniest thing in Drum Corps was me. Had to run back to starting line every time we rehearsed the opener due to my rookie status. Practice was in a parking lot--hit the grease spot, fell forward with my triple drums on and waist strap ensuring my attachment to my drums. Moving fast enough to cover some 25 feet skidding on my drums (musta' been a record) I managed to play a few notes on the center drum with my bouncing face. After I came to, I looked around to see all 134 of my corps mates on the ground too and I thought holy cow, everyone hit the grease spots?? No. They were laughing too hard to stand. For about three minutes. The sound those drums made grinding along the pavement still haunts me. I guess that was 3 of my Warhol 15.

Edited by tommyfromhowardst

Hey bear, that would have been Tom McShane. He graduated from quarters to getting the brand of beer requested by the cooler owner. Tree usually hollered, Hey McShane, I need a 12 horse ale. Tom would come running down the bus aisle and dive head first into Tree's cooler and come up with a 12 horse ale.

Hey bear, that would have been Tom McShane. He graduated from quarters to getting the brand of beer requested by the cooler owner. Tree usually hollered, Hey McShane, I need a 12 horse ale. Tom would come running down the bus aisle and dive head first into Tree's cooler and come up with a 12 horse ale.

The guy was hilarious!! I never figured out how he did that and avoided traction and a broken neck!

but you should have seen the burning t-shirt episode IN 1991...... Vince was furious!

Actually, the funniest thing in Drum Corps was me. Had to run back to starting line every time we rehearsed the opener due to my rookie status. Practice was in a parking lot--hit the grease spot, fell forward with my triple drums on and waist strap ensuring my attachment to my drums. Moving fast enough to cover some 25 feet skidding on my drums (musta' been a record) I managed to play a few notes on the center drum with my bouncing face. After I came to, I looked around to see all 134 of my corps mates on the ground too and I thought holy cow, everyone hit the grease spots?? No. They were laughing too hard to stand. For about three minutes. The sound those drums made grinding along the pavement still haunts me. I guess that was 3 of my Warhol 15.

And nobody got pictures!?? :thumbup: LOL! Some day I have to tell you about the Westshore

"superman incedent"!

And nobody got pictures!?? :thumbup: LOL! Some day I have to tell you about the Westshore

"superman incedent"!

Uh oh--did someone eat the brown acid?

And nobody got pictures!?? :thumbdown: LOL! Some day I have to tell you about the Westshore

"superman incedent"!

LMAO, yeah Tree and Superman were on the 23 hour 45 minute ride to the Big Easy. But Superman was only Rick Kent... err... Clark Kent then. Funny thing is around 1995 I had a computer (Unix System Admin) class in Columbus, OH. Walked in, looked at the guy in the back and said "Hi Rick". He said "Hi Jim" and then it hit us that we hadn't seen each other in about 10 years. In the same instant we both said "What the Hell are you doing here???" :blink:

Ahhh #### I got class this week. Gotta start writing down my 74-79 thoughts while I still have them. CAN'T believe DCA will be 30 years since I was done with corps (the first time).

Edited by JimF-3rdBari