The history of the Westshoremen

No one is certain where Superman came from. It is only known that he posed as a not-so-mild-mannered tympani player for a very strange DCA corps. :tongue:

All I know is if he came from Krypton, no wonder the #### planet asploded. :blink:

I remember being with him when he had the transfers put on the cape! I THINK we were at the Hbg mall, but it could have been Capitol City...I remember being with him at both! (but we both worked at the Hbg mall in 1981 for a while)

I remember being with him when he had the transfers put on the cape! I THINK we were at the Hbg mall, but it could have been Capitol City...I remember being with him at both! (but we both worked at the Hbg mall in 1981 for a while)

I think Boom Boom helped him with the little green guy flipping everyone off. At least that is what I seem to recall being told.

I actually stood there rather politely and actually quietly thinking that those "cute girls" would actually take my name and seat me. What a concept, huh!? :blink: I mean, I was standing there 2 feet in front of their desk...... and actually very quiet because I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.. like.... a "Hi there and welcome!!!!"... umm... something to that effect!?!?!?!?!? Anything to that effect? If you want to see me quiet- Just tell the hostesses in an eatery to stand there and not greet me while I wait a couple of minutes for them to speak to me. :tongue:

Then the two girls butted ahead..... After the initial shock that that had actually happened... I walked out, then got my dander up and decided to speak up about this.

I guess people are supposed to understand that lines didn't apply to the friends of the hostesses and that I should just wait my turn, yassuh, yassuh, whatever you like, yas'm. :devil:

My guess is that either my little message to the Corporate HQ DID actually reach HERCO, OR... also likely, some one important locally in Hershey- either a Hershey Foods/HERCO bigshot or a Hershey med center Doctor had this happen to THEM and they got upset. Connections are very important in that goofy little town. Former friend caused trouble at the local Friendly's after he talked to his church pal, a Friendly's executive, LOL. That's the way Hershey works from my observation of the town over many years.

Still tempted to just link this whole discussion to Houlihan's. I tried HERCO first before I went to their corporate HQ, actually, but found no place on their website to actually complain about anything. Makes sense, doesn't it, that HERCO wouldn't care to listen to any feedback from anyone in the public? Heck... Conglomo from the cartoon Rocko's Modern Life seems to have their act together more than HERCO.

For the record- I think that's the only time in my life I felt that compelled to go that far with a company because I was that stunned and offended. I don't make a habit of doing things like that. I may be who I am- but for God's sake- I'm generally a pretty nice and courteous person and I happen to have money in my wallet that I spend when well-treated. The Texas Roadhouse folks off Union Deposit get a lot of it because they're pretty nice to me.... :tongue:

You should have been wearing your Speedo! :ph34r: THAT would have gotten their attention! (and maybe you arrested)

Anyway...being a Derry Township resident, I'm for anything that goes against the "HERCO" people! My taxes are friggin' NASTY, the town is a logjam, we get NADA to put up with living here (heck I've heard that the people that live in and around the Orlando area get passes to the parks for their trouble, I'd just take free parking!!!) It's a bother, and I'm constantly trying to get my wife to move, but she likes it here! Yeah well...whatdaya do?!?!?!

You should have been wearing your Speedo! :blink: THAT would have gotten their attention! (and maybe you arrested)

Anyway...being a Derry Township resident, I'm for anything that goes against the "HERCO" people! My taxes are friggin' NASTY, the town is a logjam, we get NADA to put up with living here (heck I've heard that the people that live in and around the Orlando area get passes to the parks for their trouble, I'd just take free parking!!!) It's a bother, and I'm constantly trying to get my wife to move, but she likes it here! Yeah well...whatdaya do?!?!?!

Status. Main reason people like living there now, Ben. Sounds great. There was an area outside Pittsburgh where some people lived where the word on the street was that the people ate cheese and crackers to live there because it was so hip in the '50's and they couldn't otherwise afford their house.

Hey- my former friend lives on one of the main streets in Hershey- house is a wreck. Still appraised at 120+k, my guess is that's what the property itself is worth- the house is crap.... Would be afraid to know what it'd be worth if the house was in any kind of repair and shape....

Psst Ben and BigW..... Antique car show in first full week of October. :tongue::blink:

Used to help out that week as I'm a long time member of the car club that runs it. Then things got too big and ####ed even for me. Just have a ton of horror stories dealing with Herco Security including the a-hole who would't call in when a guy started having chest pains "Not my job". Or the guy who threatened to arrest me when I told him to quit eating the donuts that the club had for the club members. Then again I'm the one who threated to punch out the club member in charge of security when he wanted to tow my car. Then I saw the Derry Twnp cop off to the side laughing his ### off about it. (Cops thought he was an a-hole too.)

Try the White Hill (White Hell) outside of Cramp Hill for preferential treatment. Place is a dive and know a guy who was arrested for DUI while on the parking lot. Last time I went in for a 6 pack, barmaid walked up, opened her mouth to ask what I wanted and then saw two regulars walk in behind me. Didn't even bother to shut her mouth before she walked over to them. She didn't even notice I walked out....

No one is certain where Superman came from. It is only known that he posed as a not-so-mild-mannered tympani player for a very strange DCA corps. :ph34r:

All I know is if he came from Krypton, no wonder the #### planet asploded. :tongue:

I believe the kryptonite was in the form of the New York Skyliners who wanted to draw and quarter superman.

Psst Ben and BigW..... Antique car show in first full week of October. :ph34r::tongue:

I am so glad I do not work in Hershey anymore due to the headache the autoshow caused!

I actually stood there rather politely and actually quietly thinking that those "cute girls" would actually take my name and seat me. What a concept, huh!? :tongue: I mean, I was standing there 2 feet in front of their desk...... and actually very quiet because I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything.. like.... a "Hi there and welcome!!!!"... umm... something to that effect!?!?!?!?!? Anything to that effect? If you want to see me quiet- Just tell the hostesses in an eatery to stand there and not greet me while I wait a couple of minutes for them to speak to me. :tongue:

Then the two girls butted ahead..... After the initial shock that that had actually happened... I walked out, then got my dander up and decided to speak up about this.

I guess people are supposed to understand that lines didn't apply to the friends of the hostesses and that I should just wait my turn, yassuh, yassuh, whatever you like, yas'm. :tongue:

My guess is that either my little message to the Corporate HQ DID actually reach HERCO, OR... also likely, some one important locally in Hershey- either a Hershey Foods/HERCO bigshot or a Hershey med center Doctor had this happen to THEM and they got upset. Connections are very important in that goofy little town. Former friend caused trouble at the local Friendly's after he talked to his church pal, a Friendly's executive, LOL. That's the way Hershey works from my observation of the town over many years.

Still tempted to just link this whole discussion to Houlihan's. I tried HERCO first before I went to their corporate HQ, actually, but found no place on their website to actually complain about anything. Makes sense, doesn't it, that HERCO wouldn't care to listen to any feedback from anyone in the public? Heck... Conglomo from the cartoon Rocko's Modern Life seems to have their act together more than HERCO.

For the record- I think that's the only time in my life I felt that compelled to go that far with a company because I was that stunned and offended. I don't make a habit of doing things like that. I may be who I am- but for God's sake- I'm generally a pretty nice and courteous person and I happen to have money in my wallet that I spend when well-treated. The Texas Roadhouse folks off Union Deposit get a lot of it because they're pretty nice to me.... :ph34r:

Remind me to teach you the fine art of "Buffaloing" sometime. Thats where you completely IGNORE the 21 year old bimbos working the reception area and just walk right past as if you own the place and they should be honored to have you visit. Or the old "I am meeting friend here'. they just called my cell and are waiting. you are impeding my progress. Please go get some english language lessons while I seat myself with my friends! Or my personal favorite: " I'll be right back, I need to use the restroom before I wait for an hour to be seated." You should say this loud enough to be heard by all those around you. Then you don't bother to return. You find a seat and take it, telling the NEXT 21 year old bimbo you went to the restroom for a moment and then order your drink. Remember: The bimbos at the reception area will have forgotten ALL about you by this time! LOL! In the meantime, you can enjoy your drink while pondering just how those bimbos managed to get that job with the social skills of a small soapdish and the attention span of a fruitfly! Now...... yes, I have singlehandedly bashed the great majority of 20 something females in the country, thats true. But give me a break. I play in a bar band. I see more stupidity in 4 hours than most people see in a month! I'm just jaded. thats all. :)

Hey Bear, another thing that works, I'm just going to the bar, I'll sit there thank you very much.

Hey Bear, another thing that works, I'm just going to the bar, I'll sit there thank you very much.

Yep! just sit at the bar and then order a giant 3 course dinner! Shove your plates and such all over the bar, take up LOTS of room and when people find you to be a bore, tell them the Hostess sat you there. Make her the most popular employee in the place! :)