The history of the Westshoremen

we had a girl like that in the guard in 90. her nickname was Corps Whore

There was also a short female mellophone player...there are a few interesting stories with her...one involving me, her losing her shorts, and Norm freaking out on me about it :blink:

(although as an aside he said "If anything comes of it, I'll stick up for ya...she deserved it" :thumbup: )

Another involving Rob Soop, and what was deemed a "commando raid" in which a bunch of us followed them to a dark spot at Carlisle HS. and once we're sure he was ....um....in... we "rushed" them! :devil:

Edited by Jaminbenb

oh we had some stories too, especially in 90. but some people read this place

:ph34r:

oh we had some stories too, especially in 90. but some people read this place

:ph34r:

Well originally I had a nickname, but decided to rescind and change it...those who know will know who... Even though I haven't talked to this person in about 20 years....

Well originally I had a nickname, but decided to rescind and change it...those who know will know who... Even though I haven't talked to this person in about 20 years....

i've had many. i chose to ignore them all

i've had many. i chose to ignore them all

No, I meant a nickname for the person I was talking about...didn't want to toss it out there..

I got stuck with one the second or third practice when I first joined, and it stuck until I went to Bucs. (one or two people that knew me previously called me that, but I was mostly "Ben" or "Benny")

Boswer (for some weird reason) wanted to be called something other than "Colonel Urinal" so he kept telling people to call him different things, and nothing ever stuck! :tongue:

For those that didn't know the origin of Colonel Urinal....Craig made the grave rookie mistake of drinking entirely too much, and pretty much everything in sight at his rookie year corps camp, and ended up living in the bathroom in our barracks...it was pretty gross!

:worthy: <---him paying homage at the porcelain altar :blink:

I stuck to beer, and thankfully didn't overdo it! :thumbup:

"How ya doin' Colonel!!!"

"Shut up!!!"

And the shortie mellie player. Didn't march at the time but ran into her and a friend at the Mall before I saw her with the corps. One of them had a corps jacket so we talked. IIRC she gave you the look like she was checking out a piece of meat at Karns. Nice to talk to but after a while..... :shutup:

"How ya doin' Colonel!!!"

"Shut up!!!"

And the shortie mellie player. Didn't march at the time but ran into her and a friend at the Mall before I saw her with the corps. One of them had a corps jacket so we talked. IIRC she gave you the look like she was checking out a piece of meat at Karns. Nice to talk to but after a while..... :shutup:

Hence...that nickname!

Yeah, Bowser hated that, but I used to warn his lightweight ### about drinking ALL the time! Dude did not have the "stamina" to stick with anyone who even marginally drank! I think my mother could have out drank him! (and mom had a "high-ball" a once or twice a year on special occasions)

Hence...that nickname!

Yeah, Bowser hated that, but I used to warn his lightweight ### about drinking ALL the time! Dude did not have the "stamina" to stick with anyone who even marginally drank! I think my mother could have out drank him! (and mom had a "high-ball" a once or twice a year on special occasions)

Still remember being at the Island for practice and hs dad was about 50 yards away having a smoke. Someone called him Colonel and Bowser about freaked..... '<bunch of swear words> my dads over there, don't ley him hear that <more swear words>'. It was like the big worry in his life. :tongue:

Oh Hell, I gotta pick up the horn again to try to get back into shapre for 2013. Then I could get more stories from Chuck Wilson... :devil:

Still remember being at the Island for practice and hs dad was about 50 yards away having a smoke. Someone called him Colonel and Bowser about freaked..... '<bunch of swear words> my dads over there, don't ley him hear that <more swear words>'. It was like the big worry in his life. :tongue:

Oh Hell, I gotta pick up the horn again to try to get back into shapre for 2013. Then I could get more stories from Chuck Wilson... :devil:

Bowser's dad knew most of what he did, but he was one man I didn't want to mess with given his job (prison guard captain at White Hill) Craig pi$$ed him off one time and I saw Don grab him by the shirt and pull him in and said "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out, they may put me away for it, but I already know the prisoners and they're already afraid of me" :blink:

After a while Don heard the story and called him Colonel if he was getting a little too drunk! :tongue: