Madison Announces 2010 Program

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since they're bringing back the spats, does anyone know

if they will also bring back the red sash and citation chords?

The recent changes and announcements made by the Madison Scouts is the most exciting Drum Corps news I have heard since aging out almost 30 years ago. Quite honestly, I have been reluctant to provide financial support to the Scouts in recent years because I just didn't get what they were trying to do or trying to be. I will now re-up with my alumni dues & probably kick it up. It is ironic though that the corps has decided to return to its roots, & move to Bloomington, IN in the same year. Yea, I know, the Scouts haven't really moved to Bloomington...but really they have.

I hope that other corps will follow suit & also return to a more vintage & traditional style.

Well.....which is it? Listen folks, anyone who wants to continue to make the "emotional" leap that the Scouts have moved to Bloomington are doing so in complete ignorance! This is nothing more then a knee-jerk reaction based upon "zero" facts.....Why not speak to those in leadership before expressing your "feelings"?....If you did, I'm betting you'd have a different conclusion. I've listened to Jim Mason share his heart as a Scout. I've listened to E.D. Chris Komnick speak to this topic ad-nauseam! I've listened to the Board speak on this issue repeatedly. THE SCOUTS HAVE NOT AND ARE NOT MOVING TO BLOOMINGTON!.........These individuals will never let that happen!

Fact.....The Scout's haven't practiced in Madison proper for quite some time. So, since they've held camps and practices primarily in places like East Troy,Wi.....Baraboo,WI.....Wuanakee,WI. By your own logic we should have acknowledged that the Scouts weren't from Madison a number of years ago!.......What should we have called them????

Fact.....The Scout's haven't had good rehearsal facility options for a number of years. Compared to what most everyone else in the activity has at their disposal for camps and rehearsal facilities, Madison's sub par facility options has continually put the Scout's at a huge disadvantage in the tour preparedness department!

Fact.....The Scout's in 2010 will participate with greater exposure in the Madison area then in years past. What do we call them now?

Again.....I would suggest that we view the Bloomington facility as nothing more then the Scout's "superior" (and it really is!) Spring Training practice facility......Nothing more, nothing less! (and we should be getting on our knees and thanking the powers that be.....Jim Mason!)

You are completely right to financialy dig deep this year just as all of us alums (and fans) should! AND THEY NEED OUR $$$'s......This question of holding camps in Bloomington is purely economic. E.D. Chris Komnick said as much at Friday's Yearly Association Meeting. Chris K. even threw out a challenge at the meeting that maybe this would be just the motivation needed for "us alums" to step up to the plate to help come up with a decent camp/rehearsal facility in the Madison area!

With 70+ years of alumni, why shouldn't we take care of our corps?......Very few of us do!.......Let's stop armchair quarterbacking and once and for all take our rightful place along side our corps!

Edited by Mad75

Since they're bringing back the spats, does anyone know

if they will also bring back the red sash and citation chords?

Jeff, I can't say for sure, but I was told by someone in the know at Friday's meeting that "they're" going for the 81' look.....If that's true, that would include the red sash, white tie, white webbed belt, white Aussie hat with red band, white lace-up spats, black shoes, white gloves and white gauntlets along with white citation chords........Personally, I think the black and silver sashes we wore in 75' were "mack-dady-baaaaadd!, and Jim Mason is a 75' alum.......Here's for hoping!

Edited by Mad75

Well.....which is it? Listen folks, anyone who wants to continue to make the "emotional" leap that the Scouts have moved to Bloomington are doing so in complete ignorance! This is nothing more then a knee-jerk reaction based upon "zero" facts.....Why not speak to those in leadership before expressing your "feelings"?....If you did, I'm betting you'd have a different conclusion. I've listened to Jim Mason share his heart as a Scout. I've listened to E.D. Chris Komnick speak to this topic ad-nauseam! I've listened to the Board speak on this issue repeatedly. THE SCOUTS HAVE NOT AND ARE NOT MOVING TO BLOOMINGTON!.........These individuals will never let that happen!

Fact.....The Scout's haven't practiced in Madison proper for quite some time. So, since they've held camps and practices primarily in places like East Troy,Wi.....Baraboo,WI.....Wuanakee,WI. By your own logic we should have acknowledged that the Scouts weren't from Madison a number of years ago!.......What should we have called them????

Fact.....The Scout's haven't had good rehearsal facility options for a number of years. Compared to what most everyone else in the activity has at their disposal for camps and rehearsal facilities, Madison's sub par facility options has continually put the Scout's at a huge disadvantage in the tour preparedness department!

Fact.....The Scout's in 2010 will participate with greater exposure in the Madison area then in years past. What do we call them now?

Again.....I would suggest that we view the Bloomington facility as nothing more then the Scout's "superior" (and it really is!) Spring Training practice facility......Nothing more, nothing less! (and we should be getting on our knees and thanking the powers that be.....Jim Mason!)

You are completely right to financialy dig deep this year just as all of us alums (and fans) should! AND THEY NEED OUR $$$'s......This question of holding camps in Bloomington is purely economic. E.D. Chris Komnick said as much at Friday's Yearly Association Meeting. Chris K. even threw out a challenge at the meeting that maybe this would be just the motivation needed for "us alums" to step up to the plate to help come up with a decent camp/rehearsal facility in the Madison area!

With 70+ years of alumni, why shouldn't we take care of our corps?......Very few of us do!.......Let's stop armchair quarterbacking and once and for all take our rightful place along side our corps!

Aaaaaaaaand another HUGE overreaction from Mad75. Dude your sensitivity guage is set to paranoid schizophrenic. Please adjust.

Aaaaaaaaand another HUGE overreaction from Mad75. Dude your sensitivity guage is set to paranoid schizophrenic. Please adjust.

Did you you read the posters comment: "It is ironic though that the corps has decided to return to its roots, & move to Bloomington, IN in the same year. Yea, I know, the Scouts haven't really moved to Bloomington...but really they have"......where's the overreaction and schizophrenia??

To Mr. (or Mrs.) Bozzly"busy"B.......Just trying to once and for all squelch needless fear with facts. But, you don't live in the world of facts do you? That's fine, carry on with your personal, zero depth provocativeness.......it suits you well.

Edited by Mad75

Aren't Auditions, spring training, & the Scouts Corps hall all in Bloomington, Indiana???

Aren't Auditions, spring training, & the Scouts Corps hall all in Bloomington, Indiana???

Scout's don't have a corps hall........Scout's are incorporated in WI and will continue to be. Because the Scouts hold auditions anywhere in the Country (as they have for years) and practice in Indiana and all over the Country (as they have for years), and yet will be present in Madison more this summer then in summer's past, which part of the equation now says they're no longer from Madison? The Scouts have even set up a special fund to attract more members from the Madison area! That sounds like a commitment to Madison, doesn't it?

Did you you read the posters comment: "It is ironic though that the corps has decided to return to its roots, & move to Bloomington, IN in the same year. Yea, I know, the Scouts haven't really moved to Bloomington...but really they have"......where's the overreaction and schizophrenia??

To Mr. (or Mrs.) Bozzly"busy"B.......Just trying to once and for all squelch needless fear with facts. But, you don't live in the world of facts do you? That's fine, carry on with your personal, zero depth provocativeness.......it suits you well.

Aaaaaaaaand again.

Aaaaaaaaand again.

I actually agree with him. Anytime there's a perception that isn't correct, it's always best to meet it head-on with fact. Perception becomes reality if you don't change the perception.